Race Passion

Comments

• Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If Imorton has been advised by Trading Standards to only deal with Race Passions through them, presumably to keep a track of all offers etc, then I can not see them taking up the offer to negotiate a solution through this board.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Marleyboy, thank you I am most certainly not a plant but it would appear to me that turkish has other ideas. I joined this forum as a direct result of this thread because the subject matter interested me as a possible Race Passion customer. As you point out I too can only find one disatisfied RP customer no matter how hard I search. Personally I am not the slightest bit interested whether Paul has posted a fictitious entry to a forum thread, what matters to me is whether or not Race Passions can deliver the goods if I do decide to place an order with them. At this stage I have enough confidence in Paul, having spoken to him yesterday, to make arrangements to visit his premisses and see for myself the standard of his work.

My intention was to add to this thread whether I go ahead and place an order or not. Equally if an order is placed with RP and I am satisfied then I will certainly make no appologies for recommending them or thier product. That's how I conduct business and have done for the last 15 years!

I am sorry that lmorton has had a bad experience with Paul and I do wish that both parties can reach an amicable resolve. I also believe personally that Paul is genuine but I shall reserve full judgement until I have met him. I firmly think that the guy deserves a fair crack of the whip if he is trying to sort things out but at this stage it does seem to be a very one sided argument, for which I am not taking sides!

Turkish, if you still think I am a figment of Paul's imagination, or you hate me posting so much because I don't agree with you, then do me a favour...don't bother responding any further to this thread because I for one can't understand why you gave me such a bad 'welcome' to the forum. Indeed you only entered into it when I joined. Remember this, arguments have two sides to them whether you like it or not.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Storck wrote: »
    If Imorton has been advised by Trading Standards to only deal with Race Passions through them, presumably to keep a track of all offers etc, then I can not see them taking up the offer to negotiate a solution through this board.
    Agreed! In which case this thread should never have been created and should be deleted up until a resolution for either party is finalised.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    What a thread.

Sounds to me like OP is being a bit contentious in this. Why not just take the refund?

Oh, and I found it rather inappropriate of you to post on an open forum the email address of "your" trading standards officer.

Suggest the OP and the company get together in an amicable way and find a resolve to this.
  • lmorton
    lmorton Posts: 32 Forumite
    marleyboy wrote: »
    I suggested Imorton n Race passions tried to resolve their disputes on here, so as to come to some conclusion, as this being on a public forum, there would have been no way either could proclaim not to have read any suggestions or solutions.

I am sure if Imorton were to do this, there could be no claim that either did not receive any assistance from the other, as both parties are conversing on this very thread.

Alas so far, Imorton has still not made any requests on here for Race Passions to respond to, had this been the case and Race Passions simply did not offer any resolution, only then would I think there was something dodgy about his company.

I really hope Imorton and Race Passions take up on this offer and both come to an amicable solution.

Hi Marleyboy

Trading standards have been dealing with this case since March, there is a lot of things Trading standards are working on behind the scene's, so far nothing Race Passion have offered has been acceptable to me or Trading standards. Trading standards have advised me to only enter into communication with Race Passion formally and that is why i am not responding to his posts directly nor will i.

The latest letter to Race Passion from me was to advise the date of filing papers at court if he he is not prepared to put things right, he knows exactly what he has to do as he has been told crystal clear since March.

Believe me its a long drawn out process when Trading standards are involved and Race Passion have had almost 5 months to sort it if they wanted to.

Race Passion are well aware of what they have to do to put things right, i have clearly stated on the MX forum what has to be done and that post has been ignored by them despite Race Passion being a member of that forum.

Jimmy - If you want to go ahead and order your van through them best of luck to you, my advice to you would be to pay by credit card and not until you have a gas saftey certificate by a registered body & a van to campervan conversion certificate in your hand. Holding off another two weeks before placing your order would also be a good idea.
  • lmorton
    What a thread.

Sounds to me like OP is being a bit contentious in this. Why not just take the refund?

Oh, and I found it rather inappropriate of you to post on an open forum the email address of "your" trading standards officer.

Suggest the OP and the company get together in an amicable way and find a resolve to this.

No refund has been offered. I tried in an amicable way to find a resolve before involving Trading standards.
  • Equaliser123
    lmorton wrote: »
    From MX trax forum

I would like you to do the right thing - A full refund 'or' the repairs required to be carried out by fully qualified tradesmen meeting all saftey standards and personally recommended by Trading standards board, the cost of which is to be met by you.

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=265303&page=5

Also i have still not recieved the letter that was allegedly sent that was posted on this forum to be able to pass it on to my trading standards officer. A forum post is just not official is it?

Can I ask something - why not pick up the phone and try and get this resolved once and for all?

Trading Standards won't actually do much to help you...if at all. If you go down the Court route, you will be throwing a lot of money at it as it would appear to be above the small claims threshold and so will have cost consequences.

Why not take a deep breath and resolve this?
  • lmorton
    Equaliser - I could surely do without the hassle, this has been going on since March, if i could have got it sorted i would not have had to involve Trading standards would i?

Yes the court route will cost a lot of money and time but it will be worth it. Race Passion have had every opportunity to resolve this matter and its only now the court date looms they are coming forward with suggestions on a forum. Lets see the suggestions formally in the post to my address on headed paper that i can take to Trading standards and discuss with them.
  • Equaliser123
    lmorton wrote: »
    Equaliser - I could surely do without the hassle, this has been going on since March, if i could have got it sorted i would not have had to involve Trading standards would i?

Yes the court route will cost a lot of money and time but it will be worth it. Race Passion have had every opportunity to resolve this matter and its only now the court date looms they are coming forward with suggestions on a forum. Lets see the suggestions formally in the post to my address on headed paper that i can take to Trading standards and discuss with them.

Court is never worth it. That's the sad fact.
  • OP, did you fit Car Radios in a past life?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure