mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    The contract start date would be a help. then ALL dates for correct bills needed could be given.
    Much better for the consumer to get the cash back, than for the merchant to keep it. ;)

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    jacks993 wrote: »
    This is the email they sent me:

Your order xxxxxxx with Mobiles.co.uk
    InboxX

Reply |NO REPLY to me
    show details 11 Jul (12 days ago)
    Please do not reply to this email.
    Dear Customer,
    This is to confirm your claim for your line rental has been received and is currently with the cashback team. Please allow up to 7 days for us to approve your claim.
    If you have changed your address please ensure you e-mail us with the correct details so any cheques raised are not sent out incorrectly.

I'd just like confirmation that I have met all the T&Cs. Fairly sure I have but if I haven't I want to be able to send the other bills as well. Actually I think I will email the one before and the one after and send it by recorded that way they shouldn't be able to argue with me!!

Count 7 days then 28. If nothing send a LBA to CPW.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • jacks993
    jacks993 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Thanks for advice but what's an LBA?

I'll do everything I can to get my cashback but I haven't paid more than about £20/year for a phone in nearly 10 years so can't really complain and will just avoid CPW companies like the plague in the future!
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jacks993 wrote: »
    Thanks for advice but what's an LBA?
    Hi jacks
    LBA is Letter Before Action
    IE you send a letter giving a time limit to pay otherwise you will take them to court etc etc
    It's not just about the money
  • I'd definately advice ANYONE to avoid Mobiles.co.uk. I had a nightmare with them when getting a contract with them.

My phone didn't work correctly from day one which got sent back to be 'repaired' four times, however every time came back exactly the same, maybe with a few more scratches than it had before it left me!
    When I asked if I could get a new phone as mine obviously didn't work and seemed unfixable they told me that the phone was a 'free gift' when getting a contract with any company and wasn't prepared to replace it for this reason.

Considering that each time the phone was sent away to be 'fixed' the time it took was on average three weeks (which as I said happened four times) I chose to leave it and go out and buy a new phone in the end

I also got my official free gift three months after placing my order.
  • Hi everyone

Just to add my tuppence worth - I had my phone through this carp company 18 months ago on what seemed like a good deal at the time.

Sent copies of my bills after 1st 6 months as agreed, they advised had been received and had been passed to appropriate dept -- then -- nothing.

Chased them up (by email if memory serves) and their response was - apologies has been overlooked cheque will be with you shortly. Yes cheque did arrive - however was for £23.60 instead of £90 as agreed (£15 per month) Tried all sorts to get this rectified to no avail then did ( exactly what they wanted IMHO) give up.

Phone is fine and is what I wanted but I will never deal with this company again.

Had I read this forum before purchase would have steered clear as I would advise anyone else to do also. Contract is up in december - they will not get another penny from me.
    :smileyheaKosmicPink225:smileyhea
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Although I am one of their strongest critics I use this company a LOT and lately seem to be defending them (which is ironic since I have been accused of attacking them unfairly for months on end!).

Like many who end up on here, you plainly DON'T understand the first thing about how cashback contracts work and therefore were easy meat for this company in particular. I won't go into all the details about where you went wrong and what you SHOULD have done about it, BUT cashbacks never have worked as you suggest (i.e. 6 x 15 = 90). If you don't even know that it's hardly surprising you lost out.

For the hundreth (or more) time I warn people - do NOT enter into cashback contracts unless you really know what you're doing. You can ONLY know that if you're prepared to spend a GREAT DEAL of time researching how they work, who you're dealing with, what the rules are in any given case, what to do when things go wrong and lots of other things. Most people simply aren't prepared to do that - a few hours is no-where near enough.

When you swim with the sharks it's best to take practice your technique until you can play any game as well as they do.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 July 2010 at 8:34PM
    Tried all sorts to get this rectified to no avail then did ( exactly what they wanted IMHO) give up.

I've often wonderd why the CPW group continually mess people about and this is the reason why.

It certainly won't go away when "rich pickings" like this are available.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Yes, well - look at it this way; with rich pickings for them it means there are still rich pickings for us!
  • As you plainly DO understand the exact contract into which I entered and the amounts paid (or not paid) I will assume that you will also be aware of the various and contradictory explanations that this company dish out as to why letters / emails / promised ringbacks are not received / lost / not recorded.

I would have accepted my fate with more good grace had their customer service been anywhere near helpful. A simple explanation pointing out how I had been an idiot on a £15 per month cashback offer would have sufficed

It seems that I had to come to to the kindly MSE forum for that part at least.

As for rich pickings it actually did not work out any more than a high street offer which I had already looked into - was just hoping to save some extra cash which as it turned out was not worth the hassle or the scorn
    :smileyheaKosmicPink225:smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport