Anyone making/made movie hamper can you help? (merged)

ok so i am the least creative person i know. my mum and my sister are very creative, make there own cards, beautifully wrapped and presented xmas presents etc etc.

so anyhow i happened to stumble upon this board while i was reading another one and i have decided i am going to prove to them i can be just as creative as them. :beer:

so this year its homemade hampers for everyone

so heres the help i need. im going to get some baskets

for my sister i am going to do a movie night in with a dvd and some popcorn, what else can i put in there ?

for brother in law, i thought i might get him a voucher for the fishing shop, but don't really know what else to put in. what sort of consumables do all fisher men use (fishing lake).

for mum i can't think of a theme yet. she is 50. not much into alcohol or smellies.

and dad no clue but he is just about impossible since he doesn't eat sweets, drink alcohol, wear smellies (eww, lol). he's into cas so i might see if i can make a donation to the cats home for him i think he would like that as much as anything.

what hamper can i do for a 90 year old grandma? ? maybe something with photos of grandchildren/greta grandchildren.

thank goodness for 11 year old niece who i can buy a jar and fill it with sweets and stick a ribbon on. (can't wait to see the smile on her face at 2kg of sugar, and the look of horror on her mums face:j.

Comments

• Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    For the movie hamper you could include bags of sweets like Haribo or the pouches of Malteasers, Minstrels etc, tubes of pringles and dip, and bottles of pop or juice.

Fishing I have no idea, maybe lures, a warm hat and gloves, a flask to take hot drinks with him, a foldable stool to sit on (unless he already has one), a book on fishing techniques?
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    I made a fishing basket for my daughters grandad last year as far as I can remember this is what I put in it =
    miniature fishing rod, "fishing journal" (I decorated a notebook), a pencil with fish on the top, a small towel, mini scales, bait box, thermal mug, hand warmer (in the shape of a nude woman), chocolate lollies in the shape of fish!!
    I can't think of what else but you get the idea. You can get lots of little bits from the pound shop.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2009 at 7:21PM
    for my sister i am going to do a movie night in with a dvd and some popcorn, what else can i put in there ?

1 - A small bottle of wine?(age depending and also if she drinks!) or a couple of bottles of pop? bottle of schloer? that kind of thing?
    2 - Movie she loves? or if you can't think of one then a voucher for somewhere she could buy a movie that she would like? or even a blockbuster voucher for her to rent a couple of movies?
    3 - Small pouches of sweets/bars of choccies
    4 - some popcorn
    5 - a small throwover/blanket to cover herself up whilst engrossed in the film?

for brother in law, i thought i might get him a voucher for the fishing shop, but don't really know what else to put in. what sort of consumables do all fisher men use (fishing lake).

A new tupperware tub?
    A keep warm flask/cup
    A new hat/gloves/scarf
    A torch for if he wants to go night fishing?
    A fishing book

for mum i can't think of a theme yet. she is 50. not much into alcohol or smellies.

Money dependant you could do 50 things?? just daft silly things which won't break the bank? A candle, a diary, a pen, a scarf, a book? a bathbomb (one smelly won't hurt) a bar of choccy? a mini xmas pud? etc etc?

what hamper can i do for a 90 year old grandma? ? maybe something with photos of grandchildren/greta grandchildren.

You could buy her a frame complete with pics of grandkids
    a new dressing gown?
    slippers/slipper socks?
    a fraw freshner (make this yourself from some cheap pot pourri in a organza bag)
    A mini xmas pud?
    a new pen?
    some magazines (christmas edition of take a break/bella/chat etc)
    a book?
    some mulled wine??
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Hello I am making hampers for the first time, this is my first post :o

I would like some ideas for a pampering hamper and movie night in hamper please.

My mum has expensive tastes and I have a budget of £20 for her pampering hamper. So far I have gotten her - chocolate candle £2, wheat warmer thing £5, ferroro rocher £1.99, basket £1, celophane bags FREE (due to wrong delivery - got refund and item free!) so I have £10 left to spend and I'm worried the hamper will look 'cheap' as she can be really difficult with pressies! :(

The movie night in hamper is for my in laws My budget is also £20. So far I have: maltesers £1, hot choc £1, wheat warmer £5, basket £1, celephone bags FREE, I just need to find some cheap dvds and not sure what else to put in it?

I've been browsing these forums and people keep mentioning home bargains and wilkinsons for good buys but these stores aren't around here :( but we do have a poundland although its a small one :(

Thanks for any advice and look forward to posting more messages and getting to know you all better :hello:
    £16.98/£150 November save £5 per day challenge
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2009 at 1:03PM
    how about a bath bomb, wine glass, and small bottle of wine?

and if she is "difficult" with pressies, that is her problem not yours. LOL I have reached a point where if I have someone that is difficult like that, I buy them or make them something I think they will like, but if they don't like it or are obvious that it is not "up to their standards" or whatever, I don't worry about it. Some people are impossible to please and I refuse to beat my head against a rock trying.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Have you had a look at the gift baskets and hampers thread on here, some really good ideas. Good luck with your first hampers.
    Slimming World at target
  • I have had a look yes and I've been looking for some of the things suggested but can't seem to find anything for a price I'd like to pay plus shop-wise my town is sh*t! There's hardly any shops here and with a little one I don't really have the time to go into the next town :(

Triggles - LOL, yes I'm wondering if I should think that way too! She's tee-total by the way though.
    £16.98/£150 November save £5 per day challenge
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh dear thats another problem altogether isnt it. I never think about people not having access to loads of shops. City born and bred.
    Does it have to be a pamper hamper? I was thinking maybe some nice
    biscuits and tea might be easier for you to get. Have to agree with triggles though. I stopped knocking myself out for people who are difficult
    many moons ago.
    Slimming World at target
  • I am also making hampers for the very first time this year - I am really looking forward to it, but also now wondering where on earth to start lol.
  • You said you have a poundland near you. Well their pure range (pink label) toiletries are really just boots botanics stuff in disguise. If you peel off the pink label then there is the botanics label underneath. These would be good for a hamper (in fact i brought some to make a pamper hamper for my mum who i also find difficult to buy for)
    Married since 28/04/2007

Mummy to DS born 16/04/2008 and DD born 04/06/2010

:iloveyou: my precious family :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills