Ford Focus Engine Light

Comments

• Sirbendy
    Sirbendy Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post
    What age was the Zaf? Older vauxhalls are a doddle to interrogate, some are a total !!!!. I've just bought an X plate Astra, and I'm going to get myself a diag lead system for it, as I can see it being useful..:)
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Sirbendy wrote: »
    What age was the Zaf? Older vauxhalls are a doddle to interrogate, some are a total !!!!. I've just bought an X plate Astra, and I'm going to get myself a diag lead system for it, as I can see it being useful..:)

04 Zafira A.
  • Davidsb
    Davidsb Posts: 2 Newbie
    I replaced the n/s dipped headlight, which required removal of the battery.

A couple of days afterwards, the engine management system warning light came on - DTC 9318 (battery voltage low). I re-fitted the battery, which cured the problem - for a week or so, then the warning light illuminated again - same code. Once again, I disconnected and reconnected the battery - same result, the light went out, and reappeared a week later.

This has now happened four times - is there a re-set button or something which I need to press to stop this happening?
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Davidsb wrote: »

A couple of days afterwards, the engine management system warning light came on - DTC 9318 (battery voltage low). I re-fitted the battery, which cured the problem - for a week or so, then the warning light illuminated again - same code. Once again, I disconnected and reconnected the battery - same result, the light went out, and reappeared a week later.

This has now happened four times - is there a re-set button or something which I need to press to stop this happening?

possibly a broken earth lead or a bad connection at the battery?
    ...work permit granted!
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Davidsb wrote: »

It could be possible that the alternator is on its way out.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • My warning light on my Forc Focus Cmax TCDi intermittantly comes on and occasionally a plume of smoke will come out - shouls I be worried (it's an 04)
  • gardnose wrote: »
    Just found this top tip on another forum.
    There's an inbuilt 'dashboard diagnostics self test' system, which displays error codes (at least it does on my Ford Focus 1.6, X reg).

thanks gardnose. my 51 ford focus 1.6 zetec had the same error codes as yours. i know my odometer is temporamental anyway as the revs stay where they are but the odometer and speed don't move/stay at zero.

Typical ford and these models. the faulty odometer has been on watchdog before. apparently you can either pay ford £400 to replace the circuit on the dash or take the dials out yourself and spray the board with wd40. i'll do neither. On a bad note, no one will know the true mieage when its sold
  • Dunkyboy wrote: »
    Paid £28 to get rid of INSP warning , but the mechanic said that the INSP would come back again in 12 months or so,

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSP just means it is due foir a servuice. So yes, of bleeding course it'll come back on in 12 months time! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
  • My warning light on my Forc Focus Cmax TCDi intermittantly comes on and occasionally a plume of smoke will come out - shouls I be worried (it's an 04)

Probably be the EGR valve clogged up with soot.
  • gardnose wrote: »
    Just found this top tip on another forum.
    There's an inbuilt 'dashboard diagnostics self test' system, which displays error codes (at least it does on my Ford Focus 1.6, X reg).

thanks gardnose. my 51 ford focus 1.6 zetec had the same error codes as yours. i know my odometer is temporamental anyway as the revs stay where they are but the odometer and speed don't move/stay at zero.

Typical ford and these models. the faulty odometer has been on watchdog before. apparently you can either pay ford £400 to replace the circuit on the dash or take the dials out yourself and spray the board with wd40. i'll do neither. On a bad note, no one will know the true mieage when its sold

I bought my 03 1.6 Zetec Focus last week, it has 49000 on the clock but the odometer only shows 9000. Nothing wrong with the odometer though from what I can see.

My engine warning light came on yesterday, so I called up Ford near my work in Speke and they said it'd cost me £66 just to have the diagnosis machine hooked up to my car, and they'd need half a day.

Thinking of investing in a device of my own after hearing those charges
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport