PayPal Claim

Hi
I bought something from a powerseller who has a shop on ebay.The item turned up and the overall quality of the product didnt match up to the stated specification of it,i even had someone to look at the item and they agreed that it could never possibly be what the specification states but they could not give me any company headed confirmation.
I contacted the seller and told them my findings,they ignored my emails.So i opened a paypal claim for item not as described,they then replied telling me that they would tell me the returns procedure through the ebay message system and for me to check it.
I checked my messages and he told me to send it back to the address given and to save on postage to send it by 2nd class postage.I didnt trust him saying this so i sent it back by 2nd class recorded.I have checked the tracking and it was signed for on the 4 April, so i messaged him on the 5 April to ask for my money back but he ignored it,so on the 7 April i escalated the claim,but i have not heard anything from paypal even though i told them that i have returned the item,it just says that its waiting for the other partys responce and i have to wait until 17 April as they have reqeusted additional information from the seller.
Why do i have to wait this long when he had the item back on the 4 April,is there anything i can do as it seems like hes not going to pay up.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Make sure you have uploaded the tracking info to the dispute. Then add a screenshot showing delivery if you can. Once PayPal review the info, you will be refunded.
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I have had a paypal email today asking me to sent it back to the seller to the address that they gave me,this address that they gave me was to send to China,yet when he messaged me in ebay to send it 2nd class to a uk address, i have sent it to the uk address that he gave me, will this affect my claim,it does show that it was signed for and i do have the receipt from the post office too.
  • Still not received my money back from the seller or paypal,this is so annoying as he had the item returned to him on the 4 April.I have forwarded all tracking numbers to paypal and they are reviewing the case, how long does it take to enter a tracking number to see that the item has been delivered.Anyone any ideas how long this takes to get sorted by paypal.:mad:
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    i have to wait until 17 April as they have reqeusted additional information from the seller.
    you should hear something tomorrow from Paypal ,if not call them.
  • YES, i have finally heard from Paypal and they have found in my favour and refunded me back my money, i should think so too as its been 13 days since the seller had his item back, lo-and be hold the seller has messaged me saying that he is going to ask Paypal to refund me back my money and can i remove the negative comment if he does, he can take a run and jump as im not removing the comment because he has not refunded me Paypal has, he could have refunded me ages ago if he wanted to but he has not, he tried to swindle me by telling me to return the item back to him by just 2nd class postage so that he can say that he didnt receive it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure