A real work at home job

Comments

• Hello
    I saw this thread early on then missed it for a few days and its grown HUGE.
    Could someone please advise me on a couple of questions (the answers are probably here somewhere, but i haven't the time to read it all..sorry.
    First q..i saw somewhere about CCJS, well i'm Bankrupt will this be a problem?
    Second. I only have 504 MB of ram. do you have to have more and if so how do i get it and will it cost much?
    Third...are there ANY other costs i need to know about (i saw something about solicitors) obviously as a BR i have no spare income but i could find a little if the job was right.
    Thanks in advance...
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Your solicitor fee may not be much, mine charged £15. Apart from that as long as you can use your phone (corded) in a quiet area with your PC there should be no other outlay. 512Mb of RAM should be fine, physical network connection rather thaan wireless is easier to get working with workbooth (their software tool).
  • Hya,
    Know how you feel about the BR and this job, the contract form specifically aske whether you are. I became BR following divorce back in June-so still undischarged. I was worried but was upfront and e-mailed HR to tell and wrote it on form. They took a day to get bck to me but said it was not a problem as long as I had disclose dit on form...yipee! I did explain why I became BR no fraud involved, death in family, divorce, illness and loss of job etc. God luck I'm sure you will be fine.
  • Hi, Had my final interview yesterday & start training on monday!:j Have not had workbooth cd yet. Thanks Oliver you are so good sharing this. However only 256 MB Ram..........will I have to purchase some pretty damn quick????
  • yasmin911 wrote: »
    Hi, Had my final interview yesterday & start training on monday!:j Have not had workbooth cd yet. Thanks Oliver you are so good sharing this. However only 256 MB Ram..........will I have to purchase some pretty damn quick????

Well done :j

I have always found http://www.crucial.com/uk/ excellent for RAM, the system scan will tell you exactly which one to get, then you can google for the best price :D I have always just bought from crucial though as prices are reasonable and delivery quick! You can go through quidco aswell for a bit of cashback :D

MBM x
  • Thanks MBM, Fantastic, Just ordered now, through Quidco:D
  • yasmin911 wrote: »
    Thanks MBM, Fantastic, Just ordered now, through Quidco:D

Happy to help :D errrrm, it there anything else I can help you with today? Sorry about that, just practising my cheesy sign off :D

MBM x
  • Hi everyone,
    Just got back,it seems everyone training is going ok:D
    Lisa rang me on Monday and offered me 6-10 shift,turned it down as needed 7-11,she called back the next day and offered me 7-11 so I start my training on Monday 17 sept :j .
    I am going to have to buy a corded phone,do I need to have a specific one for the headset because Lisa seemed to say that the headset plugged straight into socket, and did not need to go into a phone at all:confused:

Is there anyone else starting their training on Monday ?
    Is the whole training on a conference call,because my kids will still be up at 6 and I am panicking that I will be sacked before I start ,or will I just be able to mute until I am needed to speak ? Do you get a break in the training ?
    Do you use the workbooth CD at all on your training or could I just use my wireless until I actually start ?

Thanks in advance
    boots
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    A standard corded phone is all you need, speakerphone is a bonus though as the calls during training are long and sometimes you still have to type while on the call.
    Workbooth CD is tested to make sure it works, you should then do a workbooth session to check your login details etc. After that you do most of the training via a standard browser (Internet Explorer is prefered).
    Don't worry too much about what phone to buy as the phone will plug into the headset via a kind of pass through port. The only suggestion I would make is try to get a cheap one with speakerphone built in and an easy to use mute button. I got a cheapo one from Argos just for the training and to be honest it does the job and that is all that matters.
  • Hya,
    Asda do a very good corded phone which has been a godsend for me in training. £10 Binatone Caprice 500 in black or white has tons of function but most importantly speakerphone and mute buttons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure