Capital One

Comments

• I had the same letter its just standard for Capital one, filed on MCOL and they stated they would defend it, paid up within the 4 week timescale, your not heading for a dead end, keep going!
    Bewitched2761
    debts at 23.1.07 [STRIKE]10,689[/STRIKE]:eek: 1.02.07[STRIKE] 9816 [/STRIKE] 2.04.07 [STRIKE]8630.[/STRIKE] 7.06.07 7200
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's standard BS.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • Akay_3
    Akay_3 Posts: 43 Forumite
    thanks guys, will give the mcol a bash tonight.

Just a quick question peeps, ive got a running balance on the account at the moment, now if it comes to the crunch and they pay up, do they close the account, (i know im still paying the balance), but do they usually close the account down, not that it matters either way, just good to know

• becksta22
    becksta22 Posts: 81 Forumite
    i have recieved a letter today (on the 14 day b4 2nd letter due) sayin they have refunded £88 as a goodwill gesture but i an owed £326 so am goin to write to them with the 2nd letter sayin i accept as partial payment and they have 14 days to pay the rest b4 i file for court.
    am i doin this rite???

thanks
  • marcellep
    marcellep Posts: 1,695 Forumite
    becksta22 wrote: »
    i have recieved a letter today (on the 14 day b4 2nd letter due) sayin they have refunded £88 as a goodwill gesture but i an owed £326 so am goin to write to them with the 2nd letter sayin i accept as partial payment and they have 14 days to pay the rest b4 i file for court.
    am i doin this rite???

thanks

Yes you are or you can call them and advise you are accepting this as part payment and you look forward the remainder of your charges being refunded
    If I have been helpful - Hit the Thanks button
  • frugalpam
    frugalpam Posts: 2,514 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm claiming charges back from Capital One - going to go through MCOL shortly as they've ignored my letters.
    However, today I got letter informing me they are putting up their interest rates as a response to changes in market conditions, and if I don't like it, then pay up and close your account !!! I'm assuming its a standard letter being sent out to all customers. No doubt they're peeved at customers claiming back unlawful penalty charges and need to make some more cash :naughty:

Pam
  • lewt
    lewt Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    ashley368 wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of claiming my bank charges back, which have totalled £397.

I am at the stage where I have now threatened court action to which they have replied:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about the fees added to your account. I understand you think these are unlawful and I’m sorry you feel we've treated you unfairly.
    To explain, we automatically add late payment fees if your payment is missed, arrives late or isn't enough to cover minimum payment.
    When you opened your account in May 2004, we sent you a credit card agreement which stated these fees. By signing and returning this to us, you agreed to terms and conditions for the account including fees.
    As you're probably aware the OFT, haven't challenged the right of banks to charge default fees, but merely the level of those fees. Although we feel £20 is a just fee, we've reduced our fees to £12 pound so that we're in line with our competitors. I appreciate that you've incurred previous fees at a higher rate, and would like to address this.
    I've reviewed your account and, as a matter of good will, I’d like to reduce your fees we've added to your account to £12 each. I've refunded £136 and you'll see this on your next statement.

They have refunded the £136 on my credit card I don’t have anymore the account is clear!

Are they just trying to fob me off still? Do I now proceed to court in order to claim the £397?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashley

put the court papers in mate and they will pay the full ammount i had the letter like yours..... they sent a cheque to the address i lived at before. then when i put the papers in they sent the rest of the money after saying they would put in a defence. dont worry keep going. your letter was exactly the same as the one i got. they offered me £30 then when the papers went in offered the rest. the letter that came with the offer of the full ammount was laughable. in the way it was written.
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
  • Greggie
    Greggie Posts: 77 Forumite
    Hi

Can anyone advise?

I claimed online MCOL but Cap One have paid and I have now received the cheque....happy dayz

However I've gone to cancel the claim online but it says that Cap One have defended the claim and that no further action can be completed on this site.

What do I do to cancel the claim?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Claiming the following:
    Natwest : 2177.00 (Settled for 2127.00, paid today 14.3.07:beer:
    Cap One: (me) 853.00 paid: 1059.05 20.04.07 :beer:
    Cap One: (hubby) claimed 718.18 13.04.07
    Halifax: 1836.00 plus int 283.82 int claimed 30.03.07
    Ikea : 324.00 plus 38.70 int (paid 340.00 20.03.07!!):beer:
    GE Money: 114.00 claimed 15.03.07 Settled for 90 :beer: :beer:
    :confused:Black Horse: 24.00 (ltr of request sent 15.03.07
  • becksta22
    becksta22 Posts: 81 Forumite
    they had till today to reply to my 1st letter and todya i got a letter sayin they had refunded me £88 as a gudwill gesture and i wasnt gettin the £326.so i sent them a letter today sayin i accept as partial payment and they have 14 days to refund the rest but i file a claim
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    Greggie wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone advise?

I claimed online MCOL but Cap One have paid and I have now received the cheque....happy dayz

However I've gone to cancel the claim online but it says that Cap One have defended the claim and that no further action can be completed on this site.

What do I do to cancel the claim?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Don't be confused - just ring up the court tomorrow, they are incredibly helpful and will be able to advise you. In our case Cap1 put a defence in on the basis that they have paid (which they hadn't yet, "cheque is in the post" etc), so the court sent us a form with options to tick "do you want to proceed, yes or no", so we waited till cheque was there, ticked the no box and sent it back to court and Cap1.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure