2 FOR 1 London days out loophole

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can put any station you like, it doesn't matter

But if you are in the Kings Cross area won't Kings Cross itself - and St Pancras next door be nearer than Euston?
  • Thanks very much - that's helped with the planning! Yes, I forgot about St Pancras, will go there instead, thanks again.
  • anyone know where i can get a good deal for the london eye this sunday? 2 adults, 1 child. we are taking my daughter to a show on saturday evening for a birthday treat and would like to add this in if possible
    hannah
  • Hi all just come back from new year spent in London and we used a few of the 2 for 1 tickets and never actually brought any train tickets during the stay and were only asked about the train ticket once to which i just produced the pile of seperate tickets id recieved from train company from our journey to and from London which was 3 days apart they never checked in fact never took them off me to check, was just going to act dumb if they did :D. Well worth the hour or so to go through all the offers saved a small fortune when we worked out what it would have cost well chuffed :beer:
  • reb_sei
    reb_sei Posts: 7 Forumite
    I used the 2 for 1 voucher at London Aquarium on Tuesday after reading this thread. Thought I would post to let everyone know I did buy two £2 single national rail tickets from London Bridge to Waterloo, but was not even asked for the tickets at London Aquarium. Would definately try without tickets next time, expecially is I was at an attraction not far from a National Rail station.

Want to go to London Zoo next time!
  • Hi everyone,

Going to London next week and was hoping to use this deal for access to London zoo and was wondering if an Oyster card would do? Rather than an overground rail ticket?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    live4ska wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Going to London next week and was hoping to use this deal for access to London zoo and was wondering if an Oyster card would do? Rather than an overground rail ticket?
    No. Buy a cheap National Rail ticket.
  • The type of ticket required must display the 'crows feet' logo. Just search google images for 'british rail logo' and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Alternatively you could just wing it. Not all venues ask for proof. If you have a return ticket to London, then your ticket is valid for the 2 for 1 discounts for the period of your stay.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    live4ska wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Travelcards bought at a London train station booking office are also eligible for the offers.
  • going down to london in august and looking at london eye - what do i need to do to get the 241 offers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure