New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Comments

• My fixed rate bond has been broken but has not even left my account yet.

Hoe can they claim that today will be the day?
  • I seem to be checking my account every 10 mins now.. its doing my head it... :confused:

I was not that stressed about this three weeks ago, but the trickle of payments to people, has started making me more and more worried that my money is 'lost' sigh..
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MSE_Dan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've spoken to ING about the reported issue with the helpline, and they seem very confident that ippylady's problem was a one-off.

However, please let us know if you call up and the operator doesnt know anything about this issue - it is supposed to be a dedicated line for that - and I will follow up further.

Fingers really crossed that today is the day for everyone left waiting

Dan

Please note Dan that today WILL NOT be the day everyone left waiting will get our funds because, contrary to the impression their statement gives, their call centre staff KNOW that fixed term bonds are backlogged - to the extent that they can't confirm that they've even started on term redemptions or 'breaks'. My closure instruction was given on 16th Oct but I'm certain there lots more before me, too.
  • My fixed rate bond has been broken but has not even left my account yet.

Chloe

Have you called the helpline number above?

Please report back the response

Thanks
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My fixed rate bond has been broken but has not even left my account yet.

I had the impression that everyone would be repaid today but it appears that the money will start rolling in today.

All I can say is kept thinking positively.

Think of it as a high payout lottery. The only drawback is, you’re just getting your own money back.:doh:
  • Still nothing showing in linked account . If ING spokesperson bothers to read this as you claim to THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE - GET IT SORTED OUT NOW !:mad:
  • Don't forget the past two weeks' payments didn't usually start flooding through till after 2pm. Surely there will be the usual Friday Flood today! Fingers crossed for everyone!
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ontherun wrote: »
    Chloe

Have you called the helpline number above?

Please report back the response

Thanks

Same circumstance for me- help line says with adinistrators, can't say when funds will be released, can't say if they've started to address the task, can't give a time frame to start etc, etc. They do say there is a backlog....:mad:
  • soulsaver wrote: »
    Please note Dan that today WILL NOT be the day everyone left waiting will get our funds because, contrary to the impression their statement gives, their call centre staff KNOW that fixed term bonds are backlogged - to the extent that they can't confirm that they've even started on term redemptions or 'breaks'. My closure instruction was given on 16th Oct but I'm certain there lots more before me, too.

MSE Dan

Maybe something specific regarding bonds should be added to the poll?

This would give a better reflection of this particular issue
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • Stonehands wrote: »
    I seem to be checking my account every 10 mins now.. its doing my head it... :confused:

I was not that stressed about this three weeks ago, but the trickle of payments to people, has started making me more and more worried that my money is 'lost' sigh..

Take heart Stonehands. I really don't believe anybody will actually lose their money - it's just that the massive backlog and apparent lack of systematic processing is making it look that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure