Twins 1st birthday scrapbook- UPDATE. *Now finished*

It is my friends twins 1st birthday on 18th April and I am making them a little memories book/scrapbook each. I've never made a scrapbook before but I've seen some lovely ones during my visits to craft sites. I'm kind of just making it up as I go along really. It's such good fun though.

The part I am actually struggling with is the content. I don't know what to put in each scrapbook. I was hoping some of the wonderful posters on here would have some good suggestions. I don't live near my friend and I don't see her often, so I can't really add locks of hair etc

My current ideas are:

- Photos (I have a few which I have from her facebook profile).
- This day in history (what was number one on the day they were born...and ....erm.....what else? :confused:)
- Poem/quotes

Can anyone else think of any nice ideas for anything else that I could include?

There are 4 pages in each scrapbook, but I'd like to do both sides of each page if I have enough content, so 8 pages all together.

Here's the progress so far to give you an idea:
xscrapbook1aax0.jpg

xscrapbook2ud3.jpg

xscrapbook3cg4.jpg

xscrapbook4wr8.jpg

xscrapbook5jz1.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions everyone.
:T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j

Comments

• mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    They look lovely. I did a sort of scrapbook for my baby grandson when he was born last year. I found some poems for baby's in a book and adapted them a bit to make them more personal. I also added stuff about his star sign, what it meant, what his birthstone was with a picture of it,what flower was linked to his birthdate, what his name meant, and I wrote a letter for him that his mum and dad are keeping, sort of welcoming him to the world, trying to describe what a weird lot he might think us adults are etc.

For his first birthday this year I want to do something similar - another letter for him, bit on music, what was happening in the world when he was born, bit of his family tree (I've been doing family tree anyway) and I want to add other bits so looking for ideas.

Love the scrapbooks - did you make them or buy them ?
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mary43 wrote: »
    They look lovely. I did a sort of scrapbook for my baby grandson when he was born last year. I found some poems for baby's in a book and adapted them a bit to make them more personal. I also added stuff about his star sign, what it meant, what his birthstone was with a picture of it,what flower was linked to his birthdate, what his name meant, and I wrote a letter for him that his mum and dad are keeping, sort of welcoming him to the world, trying to describe what a weird lot he might think us adults are etc.

For his first birthday this year I want to do something similar - another letter for him, bit on music, what was happening in the world when he was born, bit of his family tree (I've been doing family tree anyway) and I want to add other bits so looking for ideas.

Love the scrapbooks - did you make them or buy them ?

What fantastic ideas thanks! I hadn't thought of starsigns :T :j or birthstones :T :j That's two more pages straight away. I love researching all the info too. icon7.gif

I made the scrapbooks myself. I bought a bargain paper craft pack and the natural looking card I used for the scrapbook covers, was the central 'backing' card for the pack. The black paper was on either side of the neutral card in the pack. It was originally a large square shape so I cut each piece into 4 smaller squares. I bought the rings from my local craft shop for 10p each.

My main inspiration has been this blog:

http://www.melissadeakin.typepad.com/ (who makes the most amazing journals, papercrafts, cards and sewing projects. A really talented lady). WoW! :T
  • mary43
    Wish I could have done that. I bought mine as a scrapbook especially for a baby - it had a cover and just blank pages inside and a few embellishments to put on it. Looked good by the time I'd finished with bits of this and that, few more images I googled and so on.
    I'll read that blog tomorrow.
    Off to find a soft seat............i.e. grab my bit of the sofa and have my does of Holby City...............lol
    Mary

• That's such a lovely idea. How about a page to fill in with a few milestones like...

I took my first step on...
    My first word was...
    My first shoes were...
    On my first birthday I ...
    When I was one I liked... and I hated...

Getting the parents to fill them in might not be easy, but keep ringing them up and "reminding" them to get it done! Speaking from experience, it's possible to be a bit hazy about some of these things after a few years trying to keep pace with a pair of energetic toddlers. Your friend will really appreciate your thought in years to come.
    :T:j :TMFiT-T2 No.120|Challenge started 12.12.09|MFD 12.12.12 :j:T:j
  • kisto
    Forumite
    That's such a lovely idea. How about a page to fill in with a few milestones like...

I took my first step on...
    My first word was...
    My first shoes were...
    On my first birthday I ...
    When I was one I liked... and I hated...

Getting the parents to fill them in might not be easy, but keep ringing them up and "reminding" them to get it done! Speaking from experience, it's possible to be a bit hazy about some of these things after a few years trying to keep pace with a pair of energetic toddlers. Your friend will really appreciate your thought in years to come.

Thanks, I think that's a lovely idea and would be perfect for the first page.
  • mary43
    my baby grandsons mum and my son are doing that in a Baby Book they've got so I want to do something a bit different.
    Mary

• ok how about famous ppl born on their bday or the main headline in the papers on the day they were born you should be able to find it if u type it in a search engine also what about putting in prices of daily things so when they get older they can look back on things that have changed ie newspaper stamp pint of milk i had this done for me and was amazed by the difference in 18 years hope this helps ash x
  • mary43
    Good idea that................I could do it in a sort of personal way and write about things that have happened over the last year, not just news events but family stuff as well................:j
    Mary

• yes thats a good idea also little keepsakes are nice maybe you could get their hand and foot prints as well to see how much they have grown!or their height and weight to see how much its changed!ill let u know if anythin else comes to mind! ash
  • kisto
    Forumite
    ok how about famous ppl born on their bday or the main headline in the papers on the day they were born you should be able to find it if u type it in a search engine also what about putting in prices of daily things so when they get older they can look back on things that have changed ie newspaper stamp pint of milk i had this done for me and was amazed by the difference in 18 years hope this helps ash x

Thanks! More great ideas. :T
    I love the idea of putting prices of every day things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport