scottish power

Comments

• Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Charles mum who did you switch to to get the £50 and is it still on offer?
    Thanx

Lady_K
    5562 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Recieved both my final bills and no cancellation fee charged :)
  • Received a cheque for £69 from Scottish Power for my electricity credit,

Can you tell me how long it took to get your cheque. Thanks.
  • Lady_K wrote: »
    Charles mum who did you switch to to get the £50 and is it still on offer?

Hi, I went through Topcashback. If you go through that site to EDF you get £60 if you switch both your gas and electric.

gjs - my electricity switched over on 6th September and I received my cheque on 23rd September.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2009 at 12:49PM
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    >>>>joe134

In my area Saver7 electric tariff is same as Saver6 electric tariff but the Saver7 gas tariff is 11% less than Saver6 tariff.Hi, Tuggy, I knoe EDF are cheaper, for me too. Just went on this tariff after 09 fix expired to give me time to compare.Things are pretty fluid ar present as you know, want to be sure before I commit myself.Have to consider prices rising in the near future as the BIG6 say they are. I like the look of ovo, but,wary as they are so new.Don,t want to be the fall guy:

In my case, on dual fuel, it's still marginally cheaper for me with EDF and I'm not tied in with them until 30/11/2010, as you will be with Saver7.
    Sorry, cocked up a bit on typing.read between .My freshstart tariff should, if you can believe SP, track saver 7, or any cheaper tariff with SP without the lock in, so I can still leave at any time.
  • Hi, I went through Topcashback. If you go through that site to EDF you get £60 if you switch both your gas and electric.

gjs - my electricity switched over on 6th September and I received my cheque on 23rd September.

So it takes about two weeks for Topcashback to clear the £60, that's ok something to look forward too. As our switch overs was after 31st Aug I don't think we will get a penalty charge, we should'nt do anyway we did'nt break the contract.
  • robt7893 wrote: »
    So it takes about two weeks for Topcashback to clear the £60, that's ok something to look forward too. As our switch overs was after 31st Aug I don't think we will get a penalty charge, we should'nt do anyway we did'nt break the contract.

It actually took Topcashback over a month but that was because it didn't track initially, and I had to submit a claim.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It actually took Topcashback over a month but that was because it didn't track initially, and I had to submit a claim.

How long should it take for something to move out of Pending on Topcashback before I start chasing someone?
  • lolly5648 wrote: »
    How long should it take for something to move out of Pending on Topcashback before I start chasing someone?

According to the Topcashback website :-

"When the transaction is first reported, it will be given a ‘Pending’ status. This means that the retailer has tracked your transaction and indicated the Cashback to be awarded. They haven’t yet, however, confirmed that all criteria has been met or that they will actually send the Cashback.

After a certain number of days, your transaction will normally switch to ‘Confirmed’ status. This means that the retailer has pretty much agreed that all is fine with your transaction and your cashback will be forthcoming at some point. At this point, the retailer may not yet have been invoiced by their affiliate network (so your cashback will certainly not have yet reached us).

At a later date still (sometimes as much as 90 days later), the affiliate network will have invoiced the retailer and should have received your cashback. At this point your transaction will switch to ‘Payable’ status. Once your transaction has switched to Payable status, you can claim your cashback at any time. In other words, you can ask for us to send your cashback to you at any time after your transaction has become Payable

"
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks, that was a quick reply - I have had something in pending for 18 days so far and wondered how long it would be before it switched to confirmed status. I suppose every retailer is different but wondered how long to leave it before chasing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure