Hotel counter suing for false sickness claim

Comments

• iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    It would be nice to see this spread to airlines where claims are made for delays etc . Big complainers could have difficulty getting their CC details to work on booking websites etc as its not worth carrying them.
    Non complainers could get mysterious upgrades occasionally.
  • blindman wrote: »
    TA's, TO's

No difference in my book, still clinging to the myth that to book any kind of holiday you need these "experts"

Still if it keeps that kind of clientele away from the real world that's fine by me.

Maybe you don't know the difference but they are two completely different things.
    Wasn't meant to be aimed at Browntoa-

Apologise if it came out that way :o

Scaremongering statements by TAs\TO's

I don't see what's scaremongering. People are committing fraud and its costing hoteliers a lot of money. The TOs don't want it to get to the stage where the hotels refuse them a contract for AI, or no contract where the property is AI only.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't see what's scaremongering. People are committing fraud and its costing hoteliers a lot of money. The TOs don't want it to get to the stage where the hotels refuse them a contract for AI, or no contract where the property is AI only.

The scaremongering is the TA\TO whoever claiming it is not possible to book a break without using them.
    leaving excluded tourists struggling to book a break

I've been DIYing for the last 40 yeasr without any struggle whatsoever. :cool:
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Maybe you don't know the difference but they are two completely different things.

Both "experts" in conning mugs out of money for poor service and low standards.
    The scaremongering is the TA\TO whoever claiming it is not possible to book a break without using them.

Ive never seen either make claims like that.

I've been DIYing for the last 40 yeasr without any struggle whatsoever. :cool:

I don't use an agent or a tour op either. Flights booked with the airline, car hire direct with a local supplier, villa booked direct with owner, or on the rare occasions we stay in a hotel that is booked direct with the hotel.
    Both "experts" in conning mugs out of money for poor service and low standards.

That's a rather naive statement.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    blindman wrote: »
    TA's, TO's

No difference in my book, still clinging to the myth that to book any kind of holiday you need these "experts"

Still if it keeps that kind of clientele away from the real world that's fine by me.

I think you are placing too much emphasis on what the article in The Sun says.

Nick told Travel Weekly that his firm had opted to blacklist customers from booking with them again if they believed their claims to be false.
    This ^^^^ is what Nick Longman, UK MD of TUI says.

I can't see anything there that says that TUI - a tour operator as opposed to travel agent - believe that clients 'have to book any kind of holiday' through 'these experts'.

Sounds like poor reporting from The Sun.
    But I'm not surprised at that.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 June 2017 at 8:51PM
    Spain stepping things up a bit...
    Six months on from the last post about so called British ambulance-chaser style lawyers and the Canarian Tourism Institute has announced that two British people have been arrested on suspicion of falsely claiming to have received food poisoning in their Majorca hotel. The Guardia Civil apprehended the pair last Friday, and say that this is the first case of its kind based on the instigation by British legal firms of claims of illness caused to British tourists by Spanish hotels. They also say that more prosecutions will come, throughout Spain.
    Dunno if they claimed on the spot or if they were sort-of Canaries residents holidaying on the mainland, or even just a scare story...

From https://www.janetanscombe.com/news/ashotel-denounces-ambulance-chaser-british-lawyers-in-tenerife.html
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I wonder what the current situation is with the Bondarenko family - the couple in the original link.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure