All my good intentions......

Comments

• Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Don't open the bonnet unless you HAVE to!!

You might find you can't close it again!

I am glad the envelopes are working. Mine all went a bit skwiffy so I am planning to start again for May. Now, do I start on 1st May or on 25th April when I get paid?

Zero balance statements are the BEST! Frame it :D

Hope you are having a good weekend L2B, keep up the good work :)
  • It always shuts Katy but i just can't open to top up my water bottle or my oil. Its done it several times before!!
    Had a rough weekend, tummy bug in the house but starting to feel more like me now thanks.
    Hope you've had a good one.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Learning2Budget Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    So.....the bonnet on my car is firmly wedged shut and we go away in less than 2 weeks....i have to check the oil and water. Gonna have to pay to get it fixed.Been fairly good with my budget, pennies saved for holiday (spends only costhe inlaws are paying for us) petrol budgeted for and food budget put to oneside for selfcatering ,so all in all feeling quite impressed with myself. DD's birthday looming and just cake n pass the parcel left to sort. I have never been so organised in ky life.
    The only thing that i am totally !!!!!!! freaking about is mot in June.......car is gonna fail miserably and i don't think my emergency fund is upto buying a new one. Need to pick up some extra work and pray that i can find a reliable runaround.L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Been thinking this evening about ppi claims. Maybe i could reduce the life of our debt by looking into this???
  • Wellyboots6
    I don't know much about ppi claims but it may be worth looking in to?

Did you manage to sort the car out or is the bonnet still wedged?

Hope you have a good time away!
  • Learning2Budget
    Had the loveliest time away. Friend of mine half fixed the bonnet so the oil was checked before we went away!
    Home again now without being totally brassic thanks to my new and improved budgeting skills. Just need to do a food shop. Still on the envelope challenge and am enjoying budgeting each month for a 5 week month cos we are topping up our emergency fund.

How's u Katy? L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Just realised that this month is the month our 2nd debt falls off and we drop below £30000 in debt!! Still owe a lot alot of money but its dropping now. Next target is £25000!
    L2B.x
  • Wellyboots6
    How's it going L2B?

I 'should' have had some money go in to my account this week which I can use to pay off my overdraft, I have just avoided checking in case it hasn't gone in. I also need to contact pet insurance again as they still haven't paid up.

You seem to be doing so well with your debt-busting, I wish I had your motivation!
  • Learning2Budget
    Now have money in the emergency fund/car fund which would hopefully find us a little run around. I have nearly finished buying school uniform for oldest DD and i have started spreading the cost of xmas by buying xmas presses as i see bargains. Never ever in my life have i been so organised......what is happening to me?????

I have also discovered an organised website which is helping me declutter and tidy the house. I've made £25 this week selling our old junk!!!!

Good luck clearing the overdraft bet that will be a relief??? L2B.x

Feeling very virtuous at the moment.....but how long will it last????
  • Learning2Budget
    Had a good few days. Sold some clutter from round the house and made £50 which in turn paid for my mot and my car actually passed. So gonna keep saving in the hope we can buy something a little more reliable and then still have an emergency fund after. Car tax is due at end of the month but due to my epic organisation skills (ok so Im giving myself a pat on the back), i only have £6 to find to cover this!!!

For a short while things seem to be on the up. :-)
    L2B.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure