B10 Bankruptcy notice - incorrect

Options
I was hoping someone may be able to help me.

I received a B10 Bankruptcy notice from the land registry. The notice relates to a court case in another county. Now I phoned the court up as I have never had any notifications that I owe any money and they instructed me to phone the creditor direct as the details they had did not match my address or DOB.

The creditors are Hampletons (Lourdes group) and it turns out that someone with my name in another county is going bankrupt and somehow the b10 notice has been raised at my address. Hampletons are looking into this however what I can do to get the b10 removed. The land registry keep telling me to phone the court and the court tell me to phone the creditors.

Any suggestions as to what i should do? Also what is a B10 notice what effect does it have?

Comments

• iquit
    iquit Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not too sure about this but I suggest you write to the company and court stating your case asking them to rectify their error. I also suggest send the letters registered mail. Good luck.
    2019 MFW No. 74 £13700/£30000 (45.66%)
    12k in 2018 No. 98 £6274.19/£18000 (34.85%)

BTL (start) £97440.00 (current) £68000.00
    Residential (start) £275000.00 (current) £268000.00
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    Do you mean Hamptons Legal the in house solictors for Lowell portfolio 1 ltd
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
  • Save_It_2
    Save_It_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    debtinfo wrote: »
    Do you mean Hamptons Legal the in house solictors for Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Yes sorry about the spelling :)
  • Ineedaname
    Ineedaname Posts: 3,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with Iquit - write Registered Mail to the Court, Land Registry and Hamptons to have this corrected.

In the meantime it might also be worth you obtaining your credit reference files from all three agencies to check any changes in there. You won't be able to remove any BR notice yourself but you can put a note on your files to state "mistaken identity, attempting to rectify" or some such to inform anyone who does a search on your files.
    When I joined, I needed a name. The forum members gave one to me...I am INAN :D
    "Fortunes ebb and flow and a boat must move with the tide and be thankful that it floats." Judith Allnatt
  • Unit
    Options
    I got home last night to a B10 Notice of registration of a bankruptcy notice.

This had my correct name and our address. We have no outstanding bills and never have had (thank goodness), I'm also not a Director of a company.

After a rather unsettled evening and poor nights sleep I phoned the Land Registry HQ contact centre who advised me to phone the Court. I tried the court in London (no answer) and finally tried the Bankruptcy Office at Land Registry HQ (got through 1st time).

It turns out that someone with the exact same (and rare) name as myself is involved in bankruptcy proceedings (presumably corporate), at the other end of the country. They have a trainee in the office who'd sent out the wrong letter. I should have received a B10A - "Are you the same person as…", rather than the B10 - "You're stuffed." letter. The office did apologise on the phone several times; they're sending out the correct form today (they were very polite - I'm very relieved).
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    Hi this thread is 6 years old.
    You would be better to start your own thread and just stick to 1 otherwise it gets messy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure