Final Notice of Removal

13»

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Herbie21 wrote: »
    I am really surprised that an organisation such as the Citizens Advice would be misleading the public into thinking that debtors who have children can in any way be considered 'vulnerable' !!!

I am also surprised to read that a person over 65 would be considered 'vulnerable' because 'their age make it hard for them to deal with bailiffs'.

The people themselves are not, the children** most certainly are. If any actions taken negatively impact on those without the means to provide for themselves, that action is indeed targeting a vulnerable class, albeit indirectly.

**Of course, this means dependents, with no access to support of their own outside of via their parents.

As for the over 65s bit? Well, some over 65s of course are not, but how do you know? I'm sure Age UK would love to hear from anyone who automatically assumes that over 65s should not have that classification either.

After all, being classed as vulnerable does not mean "Thou shalt not pay". It means to take into account any consequences of harsh treatment.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure