Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 608Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 67
    • molerat
    • By molerat 1st Nov 17, 5:27 PM
    • 17,316 Posts
    • 11,508 Thanks
    molerat
    One new point of note is that Flex 5 variable is at a higher rate than the fixed.
    Last edited by molerat; 03-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 2nd Nov 17, 9:09 AM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 1,886 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Which would seem to support the view that Iresa's cash flow is not as dire as some of us thought: I expected to see a rather larger increase.
    Originally posted by macman
    Not so sure about that - the unit rate increase in my region appears to be ~5.54% exc VAT - BUT as a "new leccy only customer" they are predicting a DD more than 9% higher?? Can only think that they are loading for Winter usage -or they want more cash inflow!!!
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 2nd Nov 17, 10:36 AM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    poppellerant
    Anybody whose direct debit was due out at the beginning of the month should check to make sure it has left their bank. Noticing Iresa hadn't taken payment from me, my bank told me they haven't even tried to take a payment at all - so the problem wasn't at my end or to do with my bank. Iresa confirmed over the phone that several customer's payments have also not been taken when they due.

So make sure Iresa have taken payment from you, before spending what might seem like more than you normally have in your balance.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 2nd Nov 17, 11:37 AM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    Not so sure about that - the unit rate increase in my region appears to be ~5.54% exc VAT - BUT as a "new leccy only customer" they are predicting a DD more than 9% higher?? Can only think that they are loading for Winter usage -or they want more cash inflow!!!
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Sounds like you either have used different anticipated annual usage assumptions or you overestimated your usage when you joined them and are now benefitting from a reduced mopnthly payment, not only for the lower usage, but also to repay the over-payments you made earlier.

Iresa don't load for winter usually, but charge you 1/12th the anticipated annual cost

How do you work out my fixed payments amount?

First we calculate your consumption charge by multiplying the unit rate by the annual consumption you provide.
    • Consumption Charge = Unit rate * AnnualConsumption
    Then we calculate the standing charge by multiplying the daily rate by the average number of days in a year (365)
    • Standing Charge = Daily rate * 365 days
    The Consumption Charge is then added to the Standing Charge to give a total charge before tax
    • Total Charge before Tax = Consumption Charge + Standing Charge
    After this, we apply the tax at a rate of 5% to get the VAT Tax.
    • VAT Tax = 5% * Total Charge before Tax
    Finally we add the total before tax to the VAT Tax to get the Total Charge after tax.
    • Total after Tax = Total Charge before Tax + VAT Tax.
    This amount is the value in the Estimated Annual Cost for the tariff
    For the monthly cost, we divide the Estimated Annual Cost by 12.
    • Monthly Cost = Estimated Annual Cost/ 12
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

I think there is also a term saying you should not go into debt with them, but they help prevent this by taking the first payment early, i.e before you've used anything. Iresa pay interest on any accrued credit
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 2nd Nov 17, 11:39 AM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    Anybody whose direct debit was due out at the beginning of the month should check to make sure it has left their bank. Noticing Iresa hadn't taken payment from me, my bank told me they haven't even tried to take a payment at all - so the problem wasn't at my end or to do with my bank. Iresa confirmed over the phone that several customer's payments have also not been taken when they due.

So make sure Iresa have taken payment from you, before spending what might seem like more than you normally have in your balance.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    Did you get an email for the last payment due?

I did, and can confirm the money was taken, and is indeed credited to my energy account.

A company not collecting payments "from several customers" they were entitled to collect? Does that really sound like a company that has any cash flow issues, or as some suggest, is going bust before this year is out?
    Last edited by footyguy; 02-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 2nd Nov 17, 2:25 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 1,886 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Sounds like you either have used different anticipated annual usage assumptions or you overestimated your usage.
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Nope -used the standard amount I always use for quotes
    • saving-mad
    • By saving-mad 2nd Nov 17, 3:28 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    saving-mad
    Finally! I've been with IRESA since April, they've been taking £57 a month since march and I've been keeping a close eye on our usage as weve not had any bills.
    After ringing every week for months we finally have bills deducted for up to end August leaving as i suspected an overpayment of £350.
    Hopping mad i sent them an email last friday saying they had a week to sort it out or i was cancelling my DD for 7 months to use up the overpayment. (we use £40 a month consistently)
    Yesterday the reply came that they were reducing it to £42 and issuing me a refund!! hurray! 7 months to set us up properly! will be moving elsewhere ASAP if its cheaper. cowboys!
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors
    • t0rt0ise
    • By t0rt0ise 2nd Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    • 2,926 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    t0rt0ise
    I only get a bill/statement when I ask for one. Otherwise they ignore me which is fine. As long as they are cheap I shall stay with them.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 2nd Nov 17, 7:17 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    We have received statements on-line to download every month since we started with Iresa nearly a year ago. Same situation with an older relative that we helped switch their electric to them too.

We provided end of month electric meter readings on Tuesday and they have already appeared in the readings record and updated in the transactions account. Expecting latest statements in about 10 days time to download.

Have already renewed our contract with Iresa to continue supplying electric for another year when our current fix expires. No other company was cheaper, in our area for our consumption.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 2nd Nov 17, 7:22 PM
    • 3,254 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Have already renewed our contract with Iresa to continue supplying electric for another year
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Stupid question - how do you do that (if its not too late)?
    PS. on the assumption its easier to stay with Iresa than try and leave ;-)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 2nd Nov 17, 7:31 PM
    • 6,304 Posts
    • 5,072 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    They still haven't taken my August payment. First payment after renewal
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 2nd Nov 17, 8:46 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    To Renew a Contract with Iresa
    To renew a contract with Iresa
    Stupid question - how do you do that (if its not too late)?
    PS. on the assumption its easier to stay with Iresa than try and leave ;-)
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Just go to the details page on your account and the option is there if you are within 49 days of the end of your current fixed contract. If you choose the option, you get an email confirmation straight away with the confirmed new rate, starting from the day after the current fix ends. Fortunately, we renewed before they introduced Flex5, so got the Flex4 rate.
    Last edited by ASavvyBuyer; 02-11-2017 at 8:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 3rd Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    Finally! I've been with IRESA since April, they've been taking £57 a month since march and I've been keeping a close eye on our usage as weve not had any bills.
    After ringing every week for months we finally have bills deducted for up to end August leaving as i suspected an overpayment of £350.
    Hopping mad i sent them an email last friday saying they had a week to sort it out or i was cancelling my DD for 7 months to use up the overpayment. (we use £40 a month consistently)
    Yesterday the reply came that they were reducing it to £42 and issuing me a refund!! hurray! 7 months to set us up properly! will be moving elsewhere ASAP if its cheaper. cowboys!
    Originally posted by saving-mad
    So you joined them in April, and payment was set at £57 per month as per above, and by August (with all credits and deductions) you were already in credit by £350????

Before you call people cowbays, please refer to the terms you agreed to abide by - it's 6 months before they review your monthly payment.

With no early exit fees, you can switch today - not sure why you are still with them if you are so unhappy? (but do expect to pay more)

Good luck!
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 6th Nov 17, 6:49 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Fast response from Iresa again today.
    Opened a ticket online this morning asking for the Direct Debit to be adjusted to match forecasted electric consumption over the next year.
    Reply received within a few hours confirming the change.
    • saving-mad
    • By saving-mad 6th Nov 17, 7:59 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    saving-mad
    So you joined them in April, and payment was set at £57 per month as per above, and by August (with all credits and deductions) you were already in credit by £350????

Before you call people cowbays, please refer to the terms you agreed to abide by - it's 6 months before they review your monthly payment.

With no early exit fees, you can switch today - not sure why you are still with them if you are so unhappy? (but do expect to pay more)

Good luck!
    Originally posted by footyguy
    I am more than happy with the price and terms, the first payment came out of our bank in March before we switched at the beginning of April, I gave them months meter reads but didn't get any bills or balances from them until a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to know that we agreed with the cost of the electric used.

I understood we had to wait 6 months to reduce the DD, its taken 7, they still haven't told eon the departing read meaning they are holding £200 overpayment from when i was with them.

We have been using considerably less electric since buying a smaller chest freezer, our old one was 30 years old + and obviously costing us a small fortune.

We knew it would come right in the end and were disappointed to have such a large DD going on our previous usage but at least we were getting interest on the balance. Now they've taken what we owe them from my balance theres £300 to come back, i would rather it was in my account than theres!
    just waiting for them to sort eon out then i can have the balance from them back, I'm not sure about changing again and they are cheap anyway.

*edit to say I've relooked at the account and as iresa refuse to contact eon with a final read are owing someone 779 units of electric and 84 days standing charge.
    Eon think we left them on 3rd April,and have done an estimated bill until that date and refunded me £14 they think they owe me, Iresa told us we moved to them on 13th April. however our bills haven't been generated before 26th June and start using the meter read i gave iresa on 26th June. I owe someone £100
    Last edited by saving-mad; 07-11-2017 at 1:40 PM.
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors
    • fedupfreddie
    • By fedupfreddie 13th Nov 17, 12:33 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    fedupfreddie
    I just checked my account and found they have paid interest on my credit balance.
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 13th Nov 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    I have been with Iresa since earlier this year, since April.

The one time that I have contacted them, a couple of weeks back when my meter had clocked and the site would not accept the latest reading because it was lower than the previous reading. Someone responded by email 2 hours after I sent the message after I contacted them via the online messaging at just after 8am. The reading was submitted and now shows in my account.

Re: the interest
    They do seem to pay interest monthly on the credit balance. I have interest showing in my account for each month.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 13th Nov 17, 2:57 PM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    I just checked my account and found they have paid interest on my credit balance.
    Originally posted by fedupfreddie
    Re: the interest
    They do seem to pay interest monthly on the credit balance. I have interest showing in my account for each month.
    Originally posted by A.Penny.Saved
    You mean the supplier is complying with their own term 4.11 to which you also agreed to?
    Who'd have thought...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,544Users online

Martin's Twitter