Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    leigh_r wrote: »
    Sent a parcel from ebay, 7days after paying for the item I still haddnt received it I contacted the seller to ask for a tracking number so I could see were abouts it was, she informed me it had been delivered to me already that day. And obviously I hadn't received it so she then contacted them and so did I by email they confirmed that the parcel had been delivered. So i rang 10 local Hermes drop off points no luck, again they insisted it had been delivered and there was no answer at the door so it got left OUTSIDE UNDER A BLUE BOX!!!!!! well my blue box isn't outside but apparantley the driver left a card stating were he had left my parcel. So I checked and no card. Then I get a contact number and ring them the lady I spoke to was nice on phone she contacted the driver who delivered my parcel and he explained were he delivered it he only took it to the wrong address!!!!how incompetent they are. I have a parcel being delivered with them and I keep checking it I will never use them off my own back.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mis-deliveries happen with all carriers, including Royal Mail.

I don't know that I would go to the bother of registering just to dig out a 2 year old thread just to rant thought.

Rather than waste time ringing Hermes drop off points (who are just that) you have found out that it's best to contact them direct. Contacting them direct got you the resolution you needed. You got there in the end, you could have avoided yourself some inconvenience and time wasting by doing the obvious first, rather than last.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have never had any trouble with Hermes, and would use them every time.

Last week I made a mistake in the delivery address of a parcel I was sending, contacted Hermes via LiveChat, waited a few seconds, explained what I'd done, gave them the reference number - they cancelled it for me and immediately processed a refund.

I was so impressed with their service I posted on the Praise, Vents & Warnings.

I think it's a brilliant service. Cheap, pay with Paypal, print out the label, stick it on the parcel, and collected from your door. Job done. Oh, and excellent tracking too.
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dropped a small parcel off at 12.45 pm yesterday and it arrived at 8.45 am this morning - 20 hours / £2.59. No complaints so far.
    Last month I processed the same order twice. Live chat credited my account within 10 minutes when i explained - full marks.
    I do use the insurance option for items over £25 but most of my sales are under £10 so I choose the cheapest
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Chordeiles
    Options
    They don't deliver after 20:00. Yet at 21:30 tracking still says "due for delivery today". That doesn't add up !
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chordeiles wrote: »
    They don't deliver after 20:00. Yet at 21:30 tracking still says "due for delivery today". That doesn't add up !

Well it does if you know a bit about parcel tracking systems.
    If an item doesnt receive a scan after being scanned "due for delivery today",then it will display that message until it receives a further scan eg delivered/undelivered,no access etc.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chordeiles wrote: »

In theory they don't, but remember most of their couriers are local people doing the job part-time - and a family crisis or similar means delivery and collection times can vary considerably from the advertised times.
  • annszmagala
    Options
    I sent a parcel that has been in transit for 2 mnths! still waiting for it to be returned back to me! its been stuck in the Netherlands sInce 1st September waiting to be shipped back! spoke to interparcel at least 10 times,countless emails sent! An absolute waste of time! nobody gives a !!!!! What s waste of money!
  • Emptybox1
    Options
    We were packing our car in the drive. The boot lid was open. There was a black plastic bin marked "parcels' next to the car boot and front door. The dog barked and i looked through a side gate to see a man walking away down the drive... No knocking or door bell sounds. Not left saying" black bin'. Found crumled small parcel, photographed it, opened it... Box was empty and a hole in the side. No evidence of sender. Immediately sent email th MyHermes telling them above facts and asking them where the parcel had come from... They replied next day repeating that the agent had told them that parcel had been left in bin (which I had told them) and marked my message "Query Resolved". They said, "Please contact the shipper" ... If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out!
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    We were packing our car in the drive. The boot lid was open. There was a black plastic bin marked "parcels' next to the car boot and front door. The dog barked and i looked through a side gate to see a man walking away down the drive... No knocking or door bell sounds. Not left saying" black bin'. Found crumled small parcel, photographed it, opened it... Box was empty and a hole in the side. No evidence of sender. Immediately sent email th MyHermes telling them above facts and asking them where the parcel had come from... They replied next day repeating that the agent had told them that parcel had been left in bin (which I had told them) and marked my message "Query Resolved". They said, "Please contact the shipper" ... If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out!

Well technically, they told you correctly; if your question was "where is the parcel", they answered the question, if the query is "what's in the parcel", then the answer is to go to the sender and query it with them.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • gpsgb
    Options
    WARNING!
    Never use Hermes / Parcels2go.
    I sent one package to an UK address which had been opened and parts stolen. The other sent to France, delivery guy refused to deliver to shop next door as they had closed early, sign on door asking for all deliveries to go there. They did not try again which is the norm. Hermes say it will be sent back here and will take 6-8 weeks. WHAT? Impossible to speak with a real person, only web chats.
    NEVER AGAIN. Thieving employees and VERY POOR / NON-EXISTANT service. And no refund for the failed delivery. BE WARNED.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure