IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

This is interesting.

Options
PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • pappa_golf
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

check court listing for that day , the courts made a mistake , no case was listed ,

the defendant used his "name" to get into court and talk to the judge , in many ways the barrister was the judges superior , and just accepted his words , costs of this amount should not have been allowed
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pustit
    pustit Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The AA has genuine sympathy for drivers such as Bowen who take the advice to ‘take a break’ and then get penalised for overstaying their welcome, King adds. “Obviously, these areas need some parking restrictions in order to prohibit some from parking all day, but perhaps there should be a special area to allow tired drivers to sleep longer. However, if they overstay and are not in the car a ticket would be legitimate.”

Hope the PPCs don't pick up on that last sentence.
    They try "leaving site". Now they will be going for "leaving Car" !!!
  • trisontana
    Options
    As most Motorway Service Areas are in the middle of nowhere I can't see why the PPCs think motorists would park there and go elsewhere for the day.

Once again we are at odds with the most of Europe where there are no such restrictions on parking in service areas.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 September 2017 at 11:44AM
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    As most Motorway Service Areas are in the middle of nowhere I can't see why the PPCs think motorists would park there and go elsewhere for the day.

Once again we are at odds with the most of Europe where there are no such restrictions on parking in service areas.

I'm sure they don't but any site is a site to set up a scam in their minds
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pustit wrote: »
    The AA has genuine sympathy for drivers such as Bowen who take the advice to ‘take a break’ and then get penalised for overstaying their welcome, King adds. “Obviously, these areas need some parking restrictions in order to prohibit some from parking all day, but perhaps there should be a special area to allow tired drivers to sleep longer. However, if they overstay and are not in the car a ticket would be legitimate.”

Strange thing to say given that MSA's offer parking for up to 24 hours anyway; Welcome break for example:-
    https://www.welcomebreak.co.uk/about-us/parking/
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pustit wrote: »
    God forbid you need a pee after your nap
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »

Car sharing rendezvous point. Four cars turn up early in the morning, three are parked up for the day, the three drivers jump into the 4th car, and all off to work.

Saves them on 3 x fuel costs, 3 x the daily hassle of finding car parking space near to work and 3 x daily parking charges.

Apparently hospital car parks in Scotland and Wales (with free parking) are clogged up with these types of chancers! Those campaigning for UK-wide free hospital car parking need to factor in the likely inadvertent consequence of such a facility and come up with a workable solution - but hospitals are unlikely to invest in barriers with no income coming in from parking, and are even more likely to jump into the clutches of a PPC offering 'free' car park management to them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Car sharing rendezvous point. Four cars turn up early in the morning, three are parked up for the day, the three drivers jump into the 4th car, and all off to work.

Saves them on 3 x fuel costs, 3 x the daily hassle of finding car parking space near to work and 3 x daily parking charges.

Apparently hospital car parks in Scotland and Wales (with free parking) are clogged up with these types of chancers! Those campaigning for UK-wide free hospital car parking need to factor in the likely inadvertent consequence of such a facility and come up with a workable solution - but hospitals are unlikely to invest in barriers with no income coming in from parking, and are even more likely to jump into the clutches of a PPC offering 'free' car park management to them.

Is a good point but government, local authorities, and even hospitals (referring to staff) actively encourage car sharing, and using public transport but rarely provide out of town parking to support it.
  • safarmuk
    Options
    What was the twitter profile update? I can't access it here ... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills