MSE News: Millions could face an EARLIER deadline to reclaim PPI

If you think you may have been mis-sold PPI, don't assume you've got until the advertised 2019 deadline to reclaim - millions who may be owed could face a much earlier cut-off....
Read the full story:
'Millions could face an EARLIER deadline to reclaim PPI'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    But many of them, known as contact letters

Actually, they are known as Client Care Letters or CCL for short.
    There are number of things to watch out for though - for instance, your PPI and any connected loan or credit must have been taken out after 6 April 2007 or taken out before this date but still active after 6 April 2008. For full help see Have you been 'Plevined'?

And mortgages were only covered if taken before October 2004. not those arranged after. Although the vast majority of MPPI is well under the 50% tipping point. So, plevin isnt expected to be an issue with MPPI (or standalone regular premium PPI). Single premium loan PPI is where most of the big commissions, over the tipping point, were.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    What a complete shambles.
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I keep seeing the word 'Millions' ?? Did millions and millions of people really take out PPI? or is this whole thing about PPI just sensationalist reporting on a national level?

It's funny, yesterday, I had a text message on a pay as you go phone that I've quite literally only had the SIM card for 2 days. No one has even been given the number yet, and still I got a text message from a number I then did an internet search on, to discover it's a PPI claims managing company with dozens of complaints made about cold calling. There's clearly money to be made from it!

Is anyone else bored of PPI news?.......
  • Mchambers
    I will complain to the FCA.
  • Mchambers wrote: »

You really need to find something constructive to do with your time!
  • dunstonh
    Mchambers wrote: »

The FCA do not handle consumer complaints.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mchambers
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The FCA do not handle consumer complaints.
    They will handle complaints with regards their Arnie advert.:D
  • dunstonh
    Mchambers wrote: »
    They will handle complaints with regards their Arnie advert.:D

Indeed!!!

I could not believe the dire quality and presentation of that advert. Then again, I guess they had to pitch it the appropriate target market ;)
  • Mchambers
    edited 8 September 2017 at 9:38PM
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Indeed!!!

I could not believe the dire quality and presentation of that advert. Then again, I guess they had to pitch it the appropriate target market ;)

I agree totally. I thought that it was dross ! At least, Arnie should have got loads of wonga for a few minutes of his voice.

I will let everyone know as/when i get a response. For info, I cc'd the em to the MSE forum team as well. I was very surprised that they did not ask the FCA for a response to their article today.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Caddyman wrote: »
    I keep seeing the word 'Millions' ?? Did millions and millions of people really take out PPI?

Yes, in short.

Not that surprising given the population of the UK.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure