Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarahevie1
    • By sarahevie1 10th Apr 15, 12:36 AM
    • 466Posts
    • 2,436Thanks
    sarahevie1
    sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom
    • 10th Apr 15, 12:36 AM
    sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom 10th Apr 15 at 12:36 AM
    I had a diary a while ago but I let it slip, my circumstances have changed massively in the last six months, so I am back aiming for one thing mortgage freedom.

So about me, single mummy of three beautiful girls. Full time primary school teacher, I also have a Saturday job at a well known supermarket.

About six months ago oh walked out on me after 12 years, I found myself 30, single and struggling. A few weeks later he was back, and we see each other most days, although he rents a flat in a nearby town. I've had to use literally all my savings to get the joint mortgage into my sole name, £20,000.

My mum and dad paid oh his equity share of the house £10,000, will have to pay this back. Oh is now in the process of buying his own house, he's asked me to move into it with him, as he never felt like my house was his, although it was in joint names, I'm undecided about moving into ohs new house. All I know for certain is my house is my responsibility and the £58000 mortgage has to go.
Page 30
    • debtfreeoneday
    • By debtfreeoneday 20th Apr 17, 2:47 PM
    • 2,780 Posts
    • 9,507 Thanks
    debtfreeoneday
    We all have down days over blinkin debt. Sending big hugs your way, dust yourself down and you'll be good.

Hope you are enjoying the hols x
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53
    Credit card debt: £3,346.29 over three credit cards.
    MFW (01/15) £118,031.21 £95,324.07
    • sarahevie1
    • By sarahevie1 20th Apr 17, 8:44 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    sarahevie1
    I've ordered a new bed from ebay, at the end of the day, it's only money.

Also throwing myself into diet and fitness again, have put on a stone in the last 3 weeks. I can't have a couple of meals out, and an Easter egg clearly without putting on loads of weight. It's a family thing, sooo frustrating.

So today I have done a five mile hike and an hour trampolining. I will lose two stone
    Mortgage 1 - £44000 Value £283000 (Mortgage val survey Sept 15.) 24 years 3 monthsOPs 71670Without OPs balance 119000
    Mortgage 2 - £109000 Value £185000 (Purchase price 2007.) 15 years 11 months
    Original Mortgage debt £300,000 - Now £150000
    • sarahevie1
    • By sarahevie1 23rd Apr 17, 9:35 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    sarahevie1
    Had a rather large bouquet of flowers arrive at my house this week, wasn't expecting this at all. It did lift me though as have been having a pretty dire week. Not sure why, as I've socially had the time of my life and spent loads of time with friends, kids and family but really fed up with working so hard and STILL having to look at the prices of EVERYTHING and consider EVERY purchase.

Had my annual mortgage statement for my BTL this week and it shows overpaying is the only way forward. I've not overpaid it at all and in the last ten years I've paid back £92000 and only £47000 has come off the capital. When I'm mortgage free at home I'll be tackling this debt, but unlikely to be for another 5 years.
    Mortgage 1 - £44000 Value £283000 (Mortgage val survey Sept 15.) 24 years 3 monthsOPs 71670Without OPs balance 119000
    • Brodiebobs
    • By Brodiebobs 27th Apr 17, 4:15 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 3,177 Thanks
    Brodiebobs
    If it makes you feel any better I don't think I would ever stop looking at the prices of things.

I joke that even if won the lottery (even though i'm too tight to buy tickets) however much i'm spending i always like to think i would get a 'deal' so wouldn't still shop around or bartering.
    Addicted to MSE.
    Overpaying mortgage for a better debt free life!
    • sarahevie1
    • By sarahevie1 27th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    sarahevie1
    Cannot believe it's been three months since I last posted.

Lots has happened, and its all been pretty awful to be honest.

Had an issue at work and it ended up spiralling, don't want to say too much, but had the last two weeks of term off with stress but feel like I should at least try again in September.

I flit from wanting to go back to work and carry on and wanting to disappear for good. Have been seriously considering moving back to where my family are from, but can't bring myself to as still hoping the ex will come back. Also got major issues with my house due to my neighbour not allowing me to replace the fence (they own it but won't repair it) and local EAs saying there's no point putting it on the market as it is.

In my career plans I decided to try and buy another BTL to enable me to give up/reduce working hours but the vendor of the house I offered on decided not to sell. Will not be pursuing any others at the moment, as my home town is much more expensive than where I currently live and therefore if I decide to move I will need all the money I can. Have even considered selling my house and the BTL to get a decent house where I'm from.

My grandma is currently at the end of her life which is incredibly sad. This is after I lost my FiL in Jan.

Kids dad has got a new girlfriend and has seen kids for 10 hours in over a month. Missed DD2s birthday. Not sure why I still want him, but still do. I know he's not good for me, so not sure why I still can't eat or sleep and think about him constantly.

I'm at a crossroads in my life and keep hoping it'll get better. Lots of decisions to make and don't know where to start. Hoping it'll get better. Going to go and deep clean my carpets whilst kids are watching bing. Rain hammering down here, suits m mood!
    • Courgette
    • By Courgette 27th Jul 17, 8:25 PM
    • 1,710 Posts
    • 17,713 Thanks
    Courgette
    to you sweetheart. This too will pass xxx
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off
    Mortgage 1: £95,000 £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
    • A Frayed Knot
    • By A Frayed Knot 27th Jul 17, 11:51 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 9,575 Thanks
    A Frayed Knot
    (Always think this looks dodgy) but the only icon with hugs a plenty.

Last 3 months for you, not so good, so please try and focus on the next 3 months, which will be a lot better, right?

You have 2 houses, 3 beautiful kids, and 2 jobs, a lot of balls in the air, I think.

When I read your comment about your ex - it reminded me of Millionaire Matchmaker that was on last night - A baywatch babe - husband treated her not so nice, anyway Miss Matchmaker, gave her some tough love about dating, went on dates, took control and came out the other side - much happier. I'm not saying you are the same, but was nice to watch the transformation. Catch it if you can.

As Courgette says - this too, will pass. Big Hugs being sent to your way.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage balance and one day it will all be 0's
    MFMarch 30 Re/M Oct 23 Target -Dec 19
    O/P's 2014/£4000, 2015/£6294.69,2016/£3186.80
    2017 £2422.71 + Phantom o/ps 2017 -£1367.81 so far
    • pinkypig
    • By pinkypig 28th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 714 Posts
    • 6,315 Thanks
    pinkypig
    Life sounds really tough right now but you're clearly a very resilient and resourceful lady so you will muscle through. I know life can have a nasty habit of kicking you when you're down but it more often takes a massive turn for the better when you're least expecting it. I'm sure your happily ever after is on its way
    Take care
    PP x
    • summerday
    • By summerday 2nd Aug 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 2,165 Thanks
    summerday
    Hiya,

Yours is one of the few diaries I subscribe to, and had noticed you'd been quiet.

So sorry to hear you've had a lot of stressful stuff going on. These things always seem to all happen at once too, don't they.

From all you've posted about your ex, it's clear that you are way too good for him. It must be hard seeing him with someone else, especially as you have three kids together, but there is someone out there who is way better than him. Perhaps it's more the emotional support that you're missing from him as you're going through several other stressful things?

I'm going to send you a PM if that's ok.

Take care xx
    Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dreams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,544Users online

Martin's Twitter