Nationwide on-line banking

1235»

Comments

• Armchair23
    Armchair23 Posts: 648 Forumite
    The only thing wrong with the concept of Option B is that when you have just opened an account and don't have a card reader you don't have any way of setting up your memorable data , at that stage it simply doesn't exist.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Armchair23 wrote: »
    The only thing wrong with the concept of Option B is that when you have just opened an account and don't have a card reader you don't have any way of setting up your memorable data , at that stage it simply doesn't exist.

Ok, I did it once the very first time. The reader had arrived before the bank details although I could always have used my NatWest reader I've had for a few years. But no way is it easier or quicker using the reader.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    RG2015 wrote: »
    But no way is it easier or quicker using the reader.

I agree. I only use the card reader when I have to, e.g. for setting up new payees. I know my customer number, memorable data and pass number off by heart and I can type them into the boxes in a fraction of the time it takes me to put my card into the reader, enter my PIN, generate a magic number and type this into the screen.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Armchair23 wrote: »
    Really? You don't get to set up the memorable data while opening the account?
    I ask because I had online access using memorable data for years before I got a card reader. I only got that when I opened a FlexDirect account.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family