Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 7

Comments

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    bullshot wrote: »
    I'm researching a holiday too....want to use £200 of T's rewards vouchers ( worth £600 )towards a Cosmos holiday, prob in December to the Canaries or somewhere else with guaranteed sun....the Cosmos/Tesco Rewards site has the hols at exactly the same price as the main Cosmos site now( used to be more expensive which negated the value using the vouchers, unless you got a completely free holiday using them, which I did once before they changed the rules)...working out which airport to fly from that has flights at sensible times, then comparing with Thomson just to make sure I get the best deal....prefer B&B as we like to eat out but it seems HB or AI are the main offerings, as we only want 5* maybe HB would be OK...won't pay for AI as we don't drink and I think that is prob only good value if you do like local alcoholic drinks and wine with meals...also checking out the hotels on Trip Advisor, reading all the reviews takes ages......watched Nadal win the Fench Open , now watching the highlights of the Canadian Grand Prix....fishing tomorrow ..done my ironing but housework on the back burner .
    I've never done AI - we prefer SC or B&B too. I'll check out the Cosmos site - can you use 2 lots of £600, one for each person?
    You're right about the reviews, they do take ages to read through :D
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jeferey wrote: »
    I've never done AI - we prefer SC or B&B too. I'll check out the Cosmos site - can you use 2 lots of £600, one for each person?
    You're right about the reviews, they do take ages to read through :D
    Unfortunately it is £300 per person....£100 x 3 for each , so £200 =£600
    But worth it against a holiday I've shortlisted, £1763 down to £1163...2 weeks at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel...making it good value at just over £250 pp per week....( not counting the £200 of T's vouchers which can be doubled up for other things, but I prefer to treble them for the most value)
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    bullshot wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is £300 per person....£100 x 3 for each , so £200 =£600
    But worth it against a holiday I've shortlisted, £1763 down to £1163...2 weeks at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel...making it good value at just over £250 pp per week....( not counting the £200 of T's vouchers which can be doubled up for other things, but I prefer to treble them for the most value)
    OK thanks for that Bully - the holiday sounds great. I prefer to treble (or more) too! :D
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • Dr.Who-Who
    Dr.Who-Who Posts: 7,774 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2012 at 6:32PM
    Good job I didn't fill up my petrol this morning - me always like to fill up to full tank & at the mo its 1/2 tank full:eek:

Tweets

3h Tesco_ELH_logo_normal.jpgTesco Media ‏@TescoMedia
    We will be cutting petrol prices by up to 3p per litre, starting from tomorrow

2:31 PM - 11 Jun 12 via web · Details

So are : Morris, Asda & Sains
    RIP my dear dear parent : Mum aged 62 (17/5/1990) & Dad aged 89 (23/1/2012)

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Just a quick stop by from me today, watching the Euros. Womble total from yesterday about £18 - best for ages and makes up for the one I couldn't use with my shop.

Wishing i'd got some more of the Pataks Turkey Curry sauce as OH loved it tonight - only one lone jar in the RTC section yesterday which I nabbed and got a couple in my stash. Wondering whether it's worth a trip to A$da later in the week at a diff time....hmmm....

Hugs to all who need them today and let us know what you got in the post Chattmum x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    from rtc
    212943.jpg50p
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    good_night_092.gif
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Saturday Daily Mail Code going spare. Post on here if you want it.
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• Hi Bluewkd, I would appreciate a Saturday code if still on offer.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi quoia

Not sure if you noticed mine and Blue's posts re apg's but here goes in case you didn't.

Do you include the £5 conditional spend coupons in the figures you give to Blue.

I don't you see and Blue thinks you do but we are not sure really.

tia

CWxx
    BLUEWKD wrote: »
    Is it just me who is finding it strange that Quoia is not responding to us? I assume the reason is that Quoia does include the £5 and has been well beaten in the wombling by CW and her son:j:j:j

Absolutely .... It's you Blue that's STRANGE :eek:

HOW DARE YOU !!! :D
    INSINUATING such a thing :rotfl:

Indeed an ASSume :p :laugh: :p :laugh: :p

Regarding Uncle's All Purpose Gift vouchers, I think CW totals hers totally (:rotfl:) different to mine anyway.

Mine's NOT what I find, BUT what I SPEND

Never (so far) < 50 (loads in stock if ever the need arises)
    I did a 53 ONCE - was on a £5 WYS £40
    Only started doing < 80 in the last couple of months - dipped as low as 61 :eek: the other day
    Usually the norm is 100+ and an occasional 90+

I have included the £5 (off £40) but that's ONLY 5 of them since they came out - 3 last Xmas and 2 at Easter

Thing is for every 100 spent I only pay <5 that's mine & give >95 that's already theirs :rotfl:

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport