can you take food in your hand luggage?

We are travling self catering flying with ryanair to spain, and to save a but if money woudl like to take some food with us, such as porridge, pasta, a box of cerial, etc. These woul dhave to go in the hand luggage, as we didnt pay for hold lugage.

Is it ok to take this kind of stuff?
Waddle you do eh?

Comments

• phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We are travling self catering flying with ryanair to spain, and to save a but if money woudl like to take some food with us, such as porridge, pasta, a box of cerial, etc. These woul dhave to go in the hand luggage, as we didnt pay for hold lugage.

Is it ok to take this kind of stuff?

Yup food isnt a problem, there are some oddities you need to be aware of though, you cant take more than 100ml of sauces with you, however if there is 200ml of sauce on rice/pasta etc its not a problem. One slight issue how the heck are you going to make porridge and what do you intend to eat your cereal out of?

all the best

the bear
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • pinkpong
    pinkpong Posts: 247 Forumite
    Yep food is not a problem it is the drink that you are not allowed . Only 100ml sealed drink on the plane.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pinkpong wrote: »
    Yep food is not a problem it is the drink that you are not allowed . Only 100ml sealed drink on the plane.

I dunno if you have worded that quite right, you can take as much liquid as you like on the plane, within reason, however you can only take 100mls through security.

all the best

the bear
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • hazelmere1
    hazelmere1 Posts: 95 Forumite
    One slight issue how the heck are you going to make porridge and what do you intend to eat your cereal out of?

I think the op intends to eat the porridge and cereal whilst on holiday , not on the plane :rotfl:
  • ricflairandy
    ricflairandy Posts: 484 Forumite
    hazelmere1 wrote: »
    I think the op intends to eat the porridge and cereal whilst on holiday , not on the plane :rotfl:

lol correct. Was thinking of taking a bag of porridge, a pack of verity cerials for the kids and then jam in a few packs of pasta or pasta n sauce or even he cheapo supernoodles.
    Might sound a bit cheepo , but Every penny counts eh :D. And we have 2 weeks to last, and with the amount of crpa the kids will want at the parks....
    Waddle you do eh?
  • ricflairandy
    Wonder if you can take cofee, that kind of stuff. Trying to think of light , cheep foods that can go in the hand luggage, as we on.y have 10kg each , and the supermarkets will be a ripoff.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • ricflairandy
    another thing, off topic i suppose, but can you take a razor in your hand luggage, like a gillette one?
    Waddle you do eh?
  • 123oleary
    123oleary Posts: 260 Forumite
    spain does have supermarkets!!!
  • ricflairandy
    Well i know that, but from eperience they are a ripoff.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • 123oleary
    123oleary Posts: 260 Forumite
    how are they a rip off, surely the cost of living in spain is about the same or a little bit less than the uk. the uk is usually regarded as one of the more expensive countries in europe. shop where the locals shop and you should be fine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure