City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Comments

• Fair enough, but thing is, once people are at the stage of 'needing' to borrow from these type of lenders, they've already bypassed their sense of reason and logic.
    Sadly, the internet has made matters worse by immediate instancy.
    It doesn't seem to be a popular subject for the debate on e-Government, look here:
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/search?q=pay+day+loans
  • Yes I am one who got ripped off.
    I too paid £65 as was in a totally vunerable position and I too imagine when she put me on hold she probably had a cup of tea and some xmas cake.I have tried phoning to no avail.
    I went to the library three times using my petrol to check my emails for the contract that I was told to sign before my loan was released she even went on to inform me of people trying to scam others...lol
    Still I am not prepared to leave it so have written to the financial ombudsman and am logging an official complaint with them and I will also watch dog, these people need to be exposed and held accountable for deceiving people, it's disgusting and I intend to keep on fighting until I get some joy.
    Pointless on phoning them as I will struggle to pay huge phone bill, plus I was put on hold and hung iup on.
    I will not let it lie for sure.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yes I am one who got ripped off.
    I too paid £65 as was in a totally vunerable position and I too imagine when she put me on hold she probably had a cup of tea and some xmas cake.I have tried phoning to no avail.
    I went to the library three times using my petrol to check my emails for the contract that I was told to sign before my loan was released she even went on to inform me of people trying to scam others...lol
    Still I am not prepared to leave it so have written to the financial ombudsman and am logging an official complaint with them and I will also watch dog, these people need to be exposed and held accountable for deceiving people, it's disgusting and I intend to keep on fighting until I get some joy.
    Pointless on phoning them as I will struggle to pay huge phone bill, plus I was put on hold and hung iup on.
    I will not let it lie for sure.

Did you honestly think you would get a loan after you gave them £65, be honest now.
  • I buy and sell domain names for a living; I recently bought cityfinancialloans.co.uk as it showed decent search metrics. When researching the source of traffic it became obvious that it 'City Financial' in a scam operation.

Please, if anyone visits the current site, don't think we have anything to do with the scum mentioned in this thread. As soon as time allows we will put up a new site dedicated to exposing them - if anyone would like me to post their experiences with 'City Financial' on the site, I will be happy to do so.

BTW, if anyone was thinking of selling anything to cashbee.co.uk who have been advertising on TV - DONT - they are a scam operation.
  • For gods sake don't let the banks know or they will be doing it next to get back the ppi they paid out :)
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • spoke to city financial yesterday and said I wouldn't pay the £65 when they got round to that, got a phone call back and was called a !!!!!.

Got a call from LOAN VERIFICATION SERVICES LIMITED today. As I would not pay the first months loan payment upfront I am a stupid donkey.

How do this lot stay in business?
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    ytfc4ever wrote: »
    spoke to city financial yesterday and said I wouldn't pay the £65 when they got round to that, got a phone call back and was called a !!!!!.

Got a call from LOAN VERIFICATION SERVICES LIMITED today. As I would not pay the first months loan payment upfront I am a stupid donkey.

How do this lot stay in business?

Because far far far too many people go ahead and pay the £65, and subsequently the £250 to the Indian scammers by UKash.

Baffling isn't it?
  • I am assuming they are keeping it as legal as possible by waiting for the returned signed document authorising the £65 withdrawal? Ive been very lucky and spotted your posts and cancelled my card before they had a chance to take the money. I gave them my card details on monday (derrr!!) so if you are a recent victim then you still have a chance to keep your hard earned money.

Thank you everyone.
  • City financial are thieves they are working with the people from india. I am sure of this as i was scammed by them i spoke to someone from city financial and gave them my fee of £69 and as soon as i hung up this other person claiming to be the lender called me and told me everything i told city financial and told me to purchase ukash vouchers to send 100s of pounds to them to get the loan as i do not have any security for the loan i was robbed and the police cant help these people are on government web sites and they are stealing from the less fortunate people that has money do not look about loans these people are evil and the end will be bitter.
  • clsport
    clsport Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 January 2012 at 11:05AM
    Hopefully, unlike me, people will read this thread before they part with their £65 'brokerage fee' - I too have been a scam victim of City Financial. Admittedly, when I first set it up I was too busy rushing around to fully take it in (and was in need of some urgent cash), but still feel foolish for having been taken in. They took my £65, I got numerous calls from Indian call centres asking me to make payments upfront on loans at my local Western Union, received a loan application from a company on which a friend/family member had to be guarantor, waited my 3 months and duly emailed my request for a refund, forwarding again a week later when I had had no response.

This morning, took the time to call and, although I got through immediately, was spoken to by a very unprofessional female who told me that they do not receive emails (why quote an email address on correspondence?), that I was not entitled to a refund (even referencing her to the Section of t&c's quoting this), and that they were not scam artists and if I wanted to take further legal action (as I said I would do) then "fine, go ahead but goodbye".

People, beware, you may be stressed by your financial woes, but DO NOT use this outfit - they are certainly not legit and that £65 will help towards keeping your sanity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure