City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Comments

• allexandertutoring
    allexandertutoring Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 July 2012 at 9:06PM
    City Financial have not supplied me with the services I paid for and and put me on to a company that is no longer trading but has taken Fees and first repayment for loan and then £250 for an insurance policy. I did not receive the loan promised and hold them responsible for putting me on to Loan to Loan and Loan Line when they should have known they were a SCAM. I have instructed the appropriate services to act on my behalf and I intend to take this issue up with my solicitor. Here is my Action:

Action Fraud crime reference NFRC120700377435
    Citizens Advice and Trading Standards case reference CS10471085
    Strathclyde Police Fraud Dept : incident number 1521/05/07/12

You can be sure that I hold them liable for passing me on to Loan Line Limited UK !which they have not properly protected this trusting client from and therefore !would like them to immediately refund the £69.99 registration fee I paid them to put me on to the "direct lender." who incidentally cost me £439.15. Ask me why if you like. Of course I don't expect to get anything back.
    They don't receive emails which bounce back and hopefully the sniffer dogs are on their tails.
    :

Sent from my iPad

On 5 Jul 2012, at 15:40, Termsand Conditions <[email protected]> wroTE

Please find attached a copy of your terms and conditions as requested.
    <TC PDF 3 (3).pdf>
    <66985 City Financial_flyer.pdf>
  • They tried to get £65 out of me but I insisted in seeing something in writing first. They promised to email me but this never arrived so I called to ask for them to re-send it since they claimed they had done so already. The woman was quite rude with me, which seemed odd since they were touting for my business. Finally the email arrived - it was in verys basic format (no company logo etc) and they quoted a loan amount which differed to the one we had discussed and the one in their text messages.

I did my research and so when I received a call this lunch time from the previously friendly lady I quizzed her over the negative feedback plastered over the net. She told me that this would only be from people who had lied on their applications and stated that 50% of people do not give all the information.

I told her that I had worked in the finance industry for 5 year and that while not all are honest a figure of 50% is a vast over-estimation for false applications. She hung up on me and funnily enough has not made the effort to get back in contact since.

I wonder what their recruitment process is like? Skills: Must be rude, able to lie, devious, deceitful, mis-leading and willing to sell your own mother
  • stannley
    stannley Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 July 2012 at 2:56PM
    i to paye 65 pounds to city financial and never got a loan they also told me that i would not get a refund the staff are rued all they kept doing is hanging up the phone to me im still waiting to this date for a loan which i have not recieved and no refund so yes i would say they are a scam hitting the people who never had the money to waste in the first place it just a money making sceme to them so please do not contact them for a loan
  • how to get ur money back from city financial just ring ur bank and request that u would like to recall the payment i just did and recieved my money back and finnaly i dont have to speak to them again
  • sixx
    sixx Posts: 2 Newbie
    I got money taken out earlier by green leaf finance I have no idea who these people are they took 49 pound luckly I noticed it missing sameday and the bank gas re called ut and put us in contact with the fraud team only people we have dealt with is money shop and mce bike insurance so we don't even know were they have git our details from
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Maybe they covet people who are new to learning literacy.
  • Hi guys,my hubby passed his driving test and was desparet to get a car so yes you have guessed it he went with city financial paid £65 and was told it would take 3-5 working days before the money went into his account we was garunteed £2,000,on day 5 he rung cf up and they just kept on saying the company that was lending us the money had untill 6pm to contact us ,when he rung up on day 6 he did get very annoyed with them and told them they they have scammed him they just said all we can do is email the lenders when my hubby asked why he cant talk to the lenders all they say is thats not how they work!!!!!!!
    He then was contacted by them to tell him his loan was declined, surprise surprise we new that was coming!!!!! my hubby knows what a FOOL he has been and certainly did not like it when i told him so,
    The main reason why im putting this down on here is 2weeks after cf took £65 a company called geen leaf finance took out a penny then £39.99 my hubby said that he as not gave his details to any one else other than city financial, he went to his bank to spoke to a fraud team explained everything and they said that when you tick that little box saying that you autherize them to pass imformation onto other companys ,i.e emails adress name etc what they are doing is also passing on your bank details too!!!! we have now cancelled his card and the bank as done a recall for the payment of £39.99 its showing up in our bank but has not yet cleared, all i can say is that my husband was stupid but guys please learn by his and many others mistakes DO NOT USE THESE COMPANYS YOU WILL NOT GET A LOAN THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have just discovered I am also a victim of these fraudsters, after looking online for loans, I was referred to city finance as a possible source of a loan.
    ok so far, I was then phoned on Monday by City Financial, who assured me they were NOT a broker, the very helpful young lady was insistent upon this, went through the details we had given initially, and took a few more, put us on hold whilst she "got us the best deal"

She came back, with an acceptance for a loan, gave us the APR, repayment details etc. Processing the loan would take 10-14 days, or we could "Fast Track" for the bargain £75, to have it done in 3. Now I wanted to get this sorted asap, so paid the Fast Track fee on my credit card.

Today we have been phoned by a proper broker, who has had our details given to them by City Financial to actually find us a loan, the do not take payment, and passed us onto a possible lender, who I have now checked out thoroughly, and are processing our loan.

I am so angry with myself for being sucked in by this company, had they said brokers fee, or similar, I may have thought something was up, it was the "Fast Track" bit that got me, so now I do not yet have the loan set up, and am £75 lighter for it (which hopefully i can reclaim) more into the bargain, I had found the car the money was for, and, thinking the money was on its way, put a deposit down on it, so now I have to ring them tomorrow to explain this (when I should have been paying them tomorrow.

The broker who contacted me said this is not the first time that they had had this story, and that City Financial ARE in NO WAY connected to them, nor do they do direct business with them, they simply seem to put the details you gave City into their online form, which I could have done in the first place.

Phoning the credit card first thing to get my payment stopped/refunded if I can.

more the gall, they have also today sent me "paperwork" for said loan with an "anti fraud" leaflet in there, asking for bank details & signatures, presumably they were hoping that these would be sent back to them before the real brokers contacted me.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Today we have been phoned by a proper broker, who has had our details given to them by City Financial to actually find us a loan, the do not take payment, and passed us onto a possible lender, who I have now checked out thoroughly, and are processing our loan.

The broker who contacted me said this is not the first time that they had had this story, and that City Financial ARE in NO WAY connected to them, nor do they do direct business with them, they simply seem to put the details you gave City into their online form, which I could have done in the first place.
    We're all desperate to see how this little saga unfolds, a genuine broker of loans no less?

Did City Financial tell you they weren't proper brokers?
    Why did you believe the new broker when the last ones who told you they were genuine humped you over?

Did you give the new broker your bank details? They do NOT need your bank details, they do NOT lend money.
    In the unlikely event they do find you a lender, it is they who will need some bank details from you.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    I have just discovered I am also a victim of these fraudsters, after looking online for loans, I was referred to city finance as a possible source of a loan.
    ok so far, I was then phoned on Monday by City Financial, who assured me they were NOT a broker, the very helpful young lady was insistent upon this, went through the details we had given initially, and took a few more, put us on hold whilst she "got us the best deal"

She came back, with an acceptance for a loan, gave us the APR, repayment details etc. Processing the loan would take 10-14 days, or we could "Fast Track" for the bargain £75, to have it done in 3. Now I wanted to get this sorted asap, so paid the Fast Track fee on my credit card.

I am so angry with myself for being sucked in by this company, had they said brokers fee, or similar, I may have thought something was up, it was the "Fast Track" bit that got me, so now I do not yet have the loan set up, and am £75 lighter for it (which hopefully i can reclaim) more into the bargain, I had found the car the money was for, and, thinking the money was on its way, put a deposit down on it, so now I have to ring them tomorrow to explain this (when I should have been paying them tomorrow.

Phoning the credit card first thing to get my payment stopped/refunded if I can.

more the gall, they have also today sent me "paperwork" for said loan with an "anti fraud" leaflet in there, asking for bank details & signatures, presumably they were hoping that these would be sent back to them before the real brokers contacted me.

Little Tip or a word of advice next time you visit the quacks Ask them for some gullable tablets or next time your visiting the beach find a hat that says MUG on the front.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure