Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges

Comments

• Dandytf wrote: »
    Can anyone answer if rbs cancel my package account if “I reclaim package subs.

I wouldn’t want to put my breadown cover at risk.
    Words fail me on this one....
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Words fail me on this one....

Don’t you read MSE-There is NO reason for a bank to cancel your packaged account if and when a refund is requested.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf wrote: »
    Don’t you read MSE-There is NO reason for a bank to cancel your packaged account if and when a refund is requested.

You were missold the account, it was not suitable for your needs, but you want to keep it anyway.

Bit of a contradiction, don't you think?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2017 at 6:25PM
    Dandytf wrote: »

Are you sure it says that? Nothing in the MSE article on the subject says that.

I seem to recall that MSE has said that the bank will not cancel your account if you make a complaint. However, that is different to saying that the bank will not cancel the packaged part of it.

A PBA complaint is saying that you were missold the account and you didnt want it and want to be put back in the position you would have been had you not taken it out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »

Although it sounds illogical, that is correct.

Certainly, I know the RBS group do this - even after sending redress for a mis-sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account, the account remained the packaged account and we were informed we would have to call separately to then change it to a fee-free account.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • i used the plevine tool to claim fees on a co-op bank account. they have said there was no ppi. the account was a packaged account that i had to have to get an overdraft. are they just trying to fob me off and should i try again? thanks for any advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    nelly08 wrote: »
    i used the plevine tool to claim fees on a co-op bank account. they have said there was no ppi. the account was a packaged account that i had to have to get an overdraft. are they just trying to fob me off and should i try again? thanks for any advice.

Plevin cannot apply to current accounts.

You neither had PPI (which is not unexpected on a current account as very few did) and Plevin has nothing to do with current accounts.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • nelly08
    nelly08 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2017 at 9:53PM
    so i cant claim anything back? i followed the advice on mse re package current accounts which said they could be claimed back. not sure what to do now.
  • nelly08 wrote: »
    so i cant claim anything back?
    No. You can't "claim back " something you never paid in the first place.You complained about PPI, but didn't have it.
  • i wanted an overdraft and the only choice i had was to take a packaged account with a monthly fee. none of the "benefits" were of any use to me but that was the only option i was given. i have been told that they are part of this claiming ppi back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback