Ikea washer dryer not drying

Options
I got a Renlig washer dryer last year from Ikea and I know it has warranty and an engineer will come out if I call.
I want to make sure though that I’m using it correctly first.
Pressing the right buttons in the right sequence for example.

I don’t always find Ikea instruction manuals very clear. For example it says to select the correct drying cycle. That’s pretty much it.

When I put the washing in, well spun first, I can have it in for two hours for a small load and it’s no drier at the end of the time.
I’ve tried using the automatic drying cycle and the timed one and neither of them work.
I’ve drained the water from the drain at the front and made sure the filter is clear.
If anyone can guide me through what buttons I need to press I would appreciate it before I get an engineer out.
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you looked at the trouble shooting guide in the manual to see if there are any other suggestions?
    Is it getting hot at all?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Elsie. The troubleshooting just says to make sure that the drain is drained (did that) and that the filter is clear.
    Then it says to make sure the correct cycle is selected and that is where I think I may be going wrong. Hence wanting to check first.
    I’ve decided to do a wash/dry cycle now so I don’t have to press any more buttons. Takes ages though so I won’t know until 7 if it has worked.
    It did work when I used it last winter but I just am having a senior few moments and am doubting myself as to whether I’m doing it right!
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Are you trying to dry too much? Most washer dryers will only dry half a load at a time.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • rosie383
    Options
    Only a half load today. Even less in fact.
    Opened it when it eventually finished and it was half dry. And warm. So I think it is something I’m doing wrong rather than the heating element not working.
    Unfortunately I hit the wrong button in an attempt to dry it for a wee bit longer and managed to start a new wash cycle so it’s now sopping wet again. Grrrrr.
    If anyone out there has a Renlig, please tell me how to work the flipping thing!
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Having looked at the manual online (not the best is it?) you select the drying symbol at the end of the cotton or synthetic range on the big dial (the synthetic one will probably be low heat) then press the auto-dry button or keep pressing the timed dry button until you get a time you like, then press the start button. Assuming you've not turned the water supply to the machine off it should then dry. If not, it's broke.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • rosie383
    Options
    Thanks EE. That’s what I’ve been doing. Just did a timed one exactly like you say and after an hour a small half load is still damp. There is some heat in there though. Stuck it on for another hour and will see how it is in the morning. As it’s a washer dryer the water tap should be open all the time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 October 2017 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Posted in error, its a washer dryer not just a dryer.

Hate them, they never seem to dry properly. Sorry.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The hottest dry cycle will be to turn the main dial to the dry symbol at 4 o'clock, then press the dry button to show one water drop. It'll then run on dry until it senses that it is actually dry. My own washer dryer might take three hours for a larger load.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This may not be what you want to hear, but I would never buy a washer/dryer again.

We bought one for the first time when we moved to our current house. Having had a separate tumble dryer before I was shocked at how long it took to dry clothes. A minimum of 2 hours for a very small load. It also broke down constantly and this only stopped once we abandoned the dryer altogether.

We now use a heated airer instead and don't need to use a tumble dryer at all.

I would say disappointment with a washer/dryer is normal.
  • rosie383
    Options
    After another failed attempt at drying a really small load, I’ve realised that the drainage bit at the front was full of water again.
    The only other thing that the instructions say is to make sure he water tap is open. Anybody got any idea where this is? The thing drains no problem when the washing machine is on so the main drainage pipe is fine.
    IC I’m trying what you suggest as I’ve just emptied the drainage bit again. Let’s see.
    I will try to speak to them tomorrow. BTW I have looked in both the instruction manual and also the installation one but can’t find where the water tap is located.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport