Utility Warehouse Bill Protector in Retirement

Hi, I noticed that my mum is paying £2.00 per month extra for bill protection insurance - she is age 78, I can't see the benefit for her, it's a small amount of money, but if she can't benefit at all from it, surely it's been miss-sold to her, they have her date of birth on record.

Any comments appreciated, before I call them on Monday
Thank you

Comments

• What does the insurance cover?
  • Peace of mind with Bill Protector
    For an optional monthly payment of just £2, you'll benefit from £10,000 of accidental death cover and up to six months payment of your utility bills from us - up to £150 per month - if you are unable to work through no fault of your own (e.g. ill health, accident, redundancy).

Your mum is not going to be covered. Who signed her up to it?

Utility Warehouse is a MLM scheme. I'd be checking the value of her package as a whole, they're often sold at far lower prices than you end up paying.
  • Hi,
    I have the same and realised it's pointless,I joined the warehouse 8 years ago through one of their agents, who set everything up for me and told me the bill protector was "part of the deal", as I'd just returned from living abroad for 7 years, I thought this was probably a new system here and agreed to it.....now I think about it,were we mis sold this 'protection'? has anyone claimed it and reaped the benefits?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure