First Direct Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Comments

• avian946 wrote: »
    does anyone know how long the £1000 has to be in the account to count as part of their criteria for getting the £100 bonus? my plan was to have my salary put into this account and then move it out 2 working days later.

Yes,that will be fine.

My wife just applied for this account, was accepted and set up a switch, was told the switch date would be 25/4/17. So much for the 7 day switch.
  • Also only seeing the £100 not £125. Do you need to start the process before the offer is applied?
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 March 2017 at 4:51PM
    Caineo wrote: »
    Also only seeing the £100 not £125.

The £125 has now finished.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 174
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You have to consider the time for the correct set up of the account, the 14 day cooling off period, then the 7 day switching service.

It's not 7 days from submission of application, i made that mistake when i switched.
  • I had exactly the same experience. Because I have a joined mortgage with them, they consider you an 'existing customer'. I had to complain to get my welcome bonus 'honored'. I wrote a blog post about it (on my LinkedIn). Just Google ' The easy 15 step process to become a First Direct customer' and get some biscuits and tea.

Once you're through this horrendous process they are actually not too bad!
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,612
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    This sounded like a good deal, but I could not apply as I have a loan on my account that they take payment out of and thus could not have it closed, I don't see why they have to close your existing account, seems silly why it could not remain open
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • I've started a thread ...first direct chaos...
    Here I list my points. Switching was problematic and without feedback
    There are hidden clauses before switching. Must have a regular income.
    Be aware
    Rep
  • okydoky
    okydoky Posts: 267
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There were a few hoops to go through, especially having to verify my identity which has never been as onerous with other applications.

However what did annoy me was having to remind them twice about the incentive payment, initially as I thought is was paid in 28 days whereas in fact they pointed out it was 28 working days - but then it still didn't appear despite all of the criteria being met, at which point they apologised and have now said it will be within the NEXT 28 days!!
  • Kevin_Draper
    Kevin_Draper Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone had experience of success or rejection with opening an account when being truthful with the application questions - eg "are you intending to pay in your salary", "will you use this as your main everyday bank account". MSE and Which? are promoting the idea of circulating money between 3 bank accounts.
  • MONEYTREE_2
    MONEYTREE_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Wasted half an hour on FirstDirect site, unable to find the answer.

Once you'd received your £125 (or should I say £100 as that appears to be what it is now) how long do you have to have that account open? I mean, if you shut the account X weeks or months later do they take back the £100?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure