Chomeur wrote: »

The article is dated today, 15 July and begins 'From Monday....'

Suggest you check Santander website on Monday :cool:
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,022
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 July 2017 at 4:03PM
    I've opened one, with the intention it becomes a donor account once the cashback has been paid.
    In fact, this has probably come at a good time to provide a temporary replacement for my AmEx 1% cashback.
    It appears that everywhere that accepts contactless will accept it up to £100 (above £30 your phone will need to be unlocked).
    I was wondering are there many places that accept Android Pay for bill payments or online? Or is it possible to find out what the pseudo-Visa number, expiry date and CCV for the Android Pay account are and use those for setting up payments?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,124
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've opened one, with the intention it becomes a donor account once the cashback has been paid.
    In fact, this has probably come at a good time to provide a temporary replacement for my AmEx 1% cashback.
    It appears that everywhere that accepts contactless will accept it up to £100 (above £30 your phone will need to be unlocked).
    I was wondering are there many places that accept Android Pay for bill payments or online? Or is it possible to find out what the pseudo-Visa number, expiry date and CCV for the Android Pay account are and use those for setting up payments?

Full terms are now posted. I've converted my 123 account to a lite one for this. Sounds like you're a bit of a pro.
  • surreysaver
    Forumite
    Chomeur wrote: »
    Full terms are now posted. I've converted my 123 account to a lite one for this. Sounds like you're a bit of a pro.

I didn't think of converting my Everyday to a Lite. I only opened the Everyday a couple of weeks ago to act as a donor!
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Monzo and Revolut - aka prepaid debit cards. ;)

If done correctly, you could earn hundreds of pounds in cashback.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • surreysaver
    Forumite
    But surely Santander would cotton on, and claim its being abused or something and refuse to pay even bona-fide cashback?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 6:00PM
    But surely Santander would cotton on, and claim its being abused or something and refuse to pay even bona-fide cashback?
    History* has shown us that they're not always quick off the mark though!

* Lloyds Save The Change still paid sums for savings account deposits by debit card at launch. Nationwide paid ridiculous sums to multiple switchers via their RAF scheme over the years. Egg Money paid £200 a year in cashback just for BACS transfers out (you'll remember that one?). Some banks have limits to numbers of accounts that can be held, and then don't apply them! YB/CB had a switching incentive with no limit to the number of times you could use it (many here were into double figures!). Etc. Etc. Etc.
  • surreysaver
    Forumite
    Ha! Yes I remember the Egg Money one. It's only 10 days ago my descendant Amex cashback stopped paying 1%! I do miss the Egg Money super balance transfer card paying 3.2% (I think) interest on a positive balance!

I'm just worried because Santander us my main bank with a brilliant mortgage, and I know loyalty means nothing to banks, I didn't want to upset my relationship with them!
  • On another tack, can both holders of a joint Santander 1-2-3 lite account have a 5% regular saver or only one of them?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ha! Yes I remember the Egg Money one. It's only 10 days ago my descendant Amex cashback stopped paying 1%! I do miss the Egg Money super balance transfer card paying 3.2% (I think) interest on a positive balance!
    After BR tax, yes. It was 4% AER gross on up to £99,999.99

But we didn't use it...why would we when they had that super 6.3% AER Egg Savings Account? No wonder it didn't last!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure