Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Comments

• Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite

Well ive read Creativity and Cardmaking & papercraft from cover to cover... Hmmmmm now what can i do ?

if you have some pre stamped images maybe you could do some colouring in? ;)
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    furrypig wrote: »
    Ooh lots happening with everyone!

Sadly my plans for the weekend were cancelled :cry: FIL is poorly so can't stay with them in Dorset so wishing him well but sad we aren't having a weekend near the seaside with them.
    So we went to the cinema (a rare event in our house!) we used Odeon Kids club £2.50per child and adult gopes free so £5 for the 4 of us and saw monsters v aliens! Had no food in at all so went to M&S and bought 2 of their dine in for £10 meals as a treat!!! Well we would have spent quite a lot on petrol and would normally take the inlaws out for lunch so prob saved money in the end!

I am gonna book my train tickets soon for the NEC soon, for the Friday me thinks, trying to get them booked before the price goes up! Was anyone else going from 'down South' in the end??????

sorry to hear about FIL furry, sounds like you still had a good day in the end though :) have you been able to find a good deal for your train tickets?
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2009 at 4:25PM
    Sorry to hear some of you are not very well, hope you get better soon!!
    kim Hmmm I'm sure my office wouldn't mind me borrowing some accetate good thinking!!!
    Melissa are you making an advent calendar thingy with your matchboxes?
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • Gemm85 wrote: »
    if you have some pre stamped images maybe you could do some colouring in? ;)

Oooh great idea Gemm... Im sure i will be able to manage that :D

I just went spending at Glitter pot as they have the new stuff from Creativity mag in this morning :j Spending always makes me smile ;)

Off to grab the promarkers and Whispers
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Good to see you back Choccy :D

Sorry your plans were cancelled Furry, sounds like you are having a good weekend anyway ;) I have one duplicate Promarker pen, would you like it so you can have a go with one and see what you think?

Polly, your card is beautiful, I love it and thank you for sharing the promarkers site, I had a quick look earlier and there is so much advice about how to use them, even transfering stamped images to candles - brilliant for pressies :j

For anyone wanting to make a coaster calendar, these coasters are only 7p each and p&p is 99p. I have tried the magnets I got from ebay and only needed to use one in the middle to hold the coaster securely to the fridge so my 25 for £1.50 will keep me going for 25 coasters not 12 :T
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Oooh great idea Gemm... Im sure i will be able to manage that :D

I just went spending at Glitter pot as they have the new stuff from Creativity mag in this morning :j Spending always makes me smile ;)

Off to grab the promarkers and Whispers

I saw the new stash at the Glitter Pot too but resisted, well, for now ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Hi all :D so much to catch up on - been away for a few days. Was that our The Wife that won some yummy blog candy I spotted? Well done missus ;):D I love seeing people I 'know' win :D
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Morning all. :)
    Myz and Lucy - sorry you're feeling so bad, hope you both feel better soon. x
    Choccy - any ideas how long your recuperation is likely to be? Hope it's not too long and you feel better soon. x
    Rusty and Polly - Great cards on your blogs, I will try (again :rolleyes:) to leave comments. Rusty, have you bought the gorjuss stamp on your latest cards? I'm so jealous!
    Furry - some of the promarker sets are also available on the Hobbycraft website at half price. Delivery is free if you spend over £25.
    Hello to sillyinthepast; great user name :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and that anyone going away gets good weather and quiet roads. :)

ETA: Welcome back flourgirl :)

Hi JHB Yes I own that gorjuss girl stamp ;) and little miss attitude as she reminds me of Maddison!! ... I can send you some this week if you want?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RustyFlange
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Pinkladymel - I bought the blender pen in Sillymonkeycraft's sale a few weeks ago - I still haven't used it yet.

Gemm - my problem is the opposite to yours - there's so much that I want to buy!!!

Lucy Lu - that zip wire looks amazing, I couldn't do it though - I'm a wimp!

Polly - another beautiful card, I love how you've coloured your flower!

Rusty - I managed to pick up a few matchboxes the other day - have you started yours yet????

Still not started mine yet! Trying to muster up the energy but I also want some white glitter!! or even fine silver glitter but it is all so expensive!!
  • RustyFlange
    rainmac wrote: »
    Good to see you back Choccy :D

Sorry your plans were cancelled Furry, sounds like you are having a good weekend anyway ;) I have one duplicate Promarker pen, would you like it so you can have a go with one and see what you think?

Polly, your card is beautiful, I love it and thank you for sharing the promarkers site, I had a quick look earlier and there is so much advice about how to use them, even transfering stamped images to candles - brilliant for pressies :j

For anyone wanting to make a coaster calendar, these coasters are only 7p each and p&p is 99p. I have tried the magnets I got from ebay and only needed to use one in the middle to hold the coaster securely to the fridge so my 25 for £1.50 will keep me going for 25 coasters not 12 :T

I bought them magnets from the link your posted ;) Mine arrived safely this morning :D ... no excuses to not get started now! ... how did you attatch the magnet to the back?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport