Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    What did you buy, what did you buy...???
    new papers and sticky things and ...actually..what DID I buy?? *goes off to check order* ooh yes stickers and peeloffs. And some baby things to stick on cards. The DMC ones that were 40p. I'm hoping they don't arrive and they need stitching! they did say 'accessories' so fingers crossed :D Some of the papers were like 5p and 7p so it was quite hard not to buy. I got some 12 x 12 paper with power tools on for my "DIY house" photos when I scrapbook them !

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2009 at 9:12PM
    Options
    salesadmin wrote: »
    Rainmac - Yes I'm off to Colemans :)

Hels - They are the easiest thing in the world :) The Sizzix literally cuts it all out and scores it, you just need to fold them and stick them. You need to use good glue (as one that I made with the roller glue fell apart on me) and the acetate could be expensive - but you could put tissue paper in there instead perhaps? I'll happily cut them out for you or lend you the die if you have a sizzix.
    Re: the boxes, if acetate is expensive ... are we talking A4 sheets that you can use in an overhead projector to write on?
    Cause did i not see hels mention she works in some kind office she could ahem *borrow* some???
    If this is indeed the type required and hels cant get it i have myself *borrowed* some and depending on how much hels need -could have it for a good cause if it helps?
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    yay I just managed to order some stuff, from every moment matters ;) got a basic grey euphoria paper pad, cuttlebug scripture embossing folder and a heart stamp :j now I'm on a roll off to look at some more stuff :rotfl:
  • wam73
    wam73 Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Are we allowed to post links to our e-bay then? Would be great if I can got loads of craft goodies to sell. x
    Would love to earn an extra £40 a Week. Trying to find ways to :-)
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    ooooh you lot cost me a fortune - Just ordered quite a bit from silly monkey.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Lucy_Lu_4
    Lucy_Lu_4 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    We're going to clear out the garage today so if i'm lucky i'll be back on before midnight lol.
    It's all my sons fault he's just moved into a new house and taken his junk from the garage now he's going to do a car boot this weekend with all the stuff he doesn't need plus a pile of stuff from the garage.

Bank Holiday weekend is the best time to do a boot sale, I hope it goes well.
  • polly1976
    polly1976 Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    furrypig wrote: »
    Okay I need someone (o loads of u!!) to explain to me why promarkers are so fab! I bought whispers pens after watching PLM's tutorial on how to use them and really like them if I use them with an aqua brush. Why are promakers so good and do you just colour with them or is it more complicated?? I think they are prob better for skin tones than the whispers but need to know more. I like simple so promarkers may help me!!

From the stamped image colouring novice xxx
    I used to use Whispers and went on to promarkers because someone gave me some to try and ive never looked back they are so much easier to use and no water needed and the skin colours are fab they blend fab with other colours heres a link to the Passion for Promarkers blog it is a challenge blog but also does tutorails if you go right to the beginning of the blog you will find all the info you want http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ ive actually been asked to do a class on at my local craft club on Promarkers but im no pro lol but any questions just pm me or ask here i will try to help. xxxx
  • Lucy_Lu_4
    Options
    Hardly kept anything except another box of craft stash we found oh dear. craft room tidy up next . lol.

I'm so jealous craftygranny, I'd love a craft room! Do you have a photo to make me even more jealous?!

Does anyone else have a craft room and a pic of it? I've told my boyfriend that when we buy a house we have to get an extra room for my crafting! I think if I had my own craft space I'd be more organised and would craft more too.
  • Lucy_Lu_4
    Options
    Thank you all for welcoming me back into the fold.

I am worried I will have to go awol again tomorrow though, I've had gastroenteritius for three weeks now (long story and only found out I had it last week when I ended up in a+e). Was given medication and told if I had it a week later I have to go back. Well, yesterday was day seven and I had an awful night and I've had an awful day today, was sent home from work. GP said that if I'm still ill in the morning I have to go to hospital. I've had an awful run of bad luck the last couple of years and things just aren't going well for me. I am doing a charity zip wire in Scotland next week for Macmillan and I can't be ill.

Sorry about that moan, just wanted to let you know that I might have to disappear but I will keep you updated.

I've been sleeping on and off all evening, am going to go to bed properly now, night night everyone, and if I don't appear over the weekend, wishing you all a lovely Bank Holiday.

Lucy x
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    Lucy i don't think you'll be jealous it is like a tarts palace lol Kaitlyn wanted it painting bright pink so it's bright pink. Oh and it has no windows . I have a huge desk in with shelves stacked at the back of the desk. 2 wooden storage units behind my chair and 3 sets of filing drawers. It is very untidy at the moment with all the dumped boxes but i'll try and get some photos this weekend.
    I must admit since my o/h and the boys set it up for me i have done more in there and it is usually tidier i just need to find room for all this stuff now.
    Oh and the stamps rusty made me buy and my new stamped images and my promarkers when they get here oooh err .
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure