PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How do you cook your Pigs in Blankets?

Hi, OH has asked for Pigs in Blankets tomorrow. I got the chipolatas and bacon, but am not sure if I should roast them or grill them?
Which is better, and how long do I cook them for please?

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! :xmastree:
Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate! :)

Comments

• Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I just put them on a baking tray in the oven for about 30 minutes, wherever you get the space tomorrow!
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We havn't got those this year, but I did do cocktail sauages this afternoon (for tea tomorrow) and did those in the oven. 30 minutes should do, if you;ve already had turkey in there for most of the morning, it'll be nice and hot, and whilst the turkey is resting, you'll have plenty of space.
  • Pollybear wrote:
    I just put them on a baking tray in the oven for about 30 minutes, wherever you get the space tomorrow!
    me too ;) :beer:
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • Ahhhhhh one of my favourite bits of the xmas meal ...........

Wrap them up ,stick them in the oven for about 1/2 an hour ,and feed your face on the results :p:p
    Avoid fruit and nuts .You are what you eat :D :rotfl: :rotfl:

:D:D
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I put them in to cook, as i take the meat out of the oven to rest. They take about 20 - 30 minutes!!!!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I pop them in around the turkey when I've drained off the juices and I'm doing the browning bit at the end. They stay warm in tin foil while the turkey rests and I'm finishing off the roast potatoes.

Pink
  • TKP_3
    TKP_3 Posts: 522 Forumite
    Thank you all so much! They will go into the oven when the gammon comes out and rests (no turkey this year - honey roast gammon instead)

Can't wait... :drool:
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate! :)
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    i just wrap bacon round sausages and put them in with the turkey for bout half hour
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    for me i have to use chipolatas ideally plain pork , but cumberland also works well. then i wrap in back back unsmoked , and put in oven with foil over tray for about 45 mins. i don't like the bacon to go too crispy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure