Child & Co Bankers ?

Comments

• newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Maybe. I opened an account at Childs over a year ago only because i heard it wasn't transferring to W&G, and wanted an RBS account before it was no longer possible to get one.

I did end up with the Childs debit card and elaborate cheque book.

Although the cheques now have "Premium Account" on them too......
  • cheesetoast
    cheesetoast Posts: 258 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    SLZ wrote: »
    especially as you can't open a rewards account but select account first in order to be able to choose the branch.
    But as soon as you've opened the Select account, you can change it to a Reward one online... https://www.rbs.co.uk/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/appform.asp?appid=779
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My renewal debit card is now a very deep blue and is still not contactless.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    But as soon as you've opened the Select account, you can change it to a Reward one online... https://www.rbs.co.uk/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/appform.asp?appid=779

I am told (RBS online chat) that the Child and Co accounts cannot be changed / upgraded to Reward accounts. Is this correct? I have submitted the above form but heard nothing yet. Ditching the Santander 123 if the rate is cut to 2%.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am told (RBS online chat) that the Child and Co accounts cannot be changed / upgraded to Reward accounts. Is this correct? I have submitted the above form but heard nothing yet. Ditching the Santander 123 if the rate is cut to 2%.

Child & Co is simply a RBS branch offering RBS products. Once you have an account with RBS, held there or elsewhere, you have the option in branch or online to sign up for the Rewards account. It does take a while before you get confirmation and even longer before you can actually start cashing in the rewards.
  • SLZ
    SLZ Posts: 233 Forumite
    You'll can upgrade, it just takes a long time. Online chat are chatting bs.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    SLZ wrote: »
    You'll can upgrade, it just takes a long time. Online chat are chatting bs.

Doesn't inspire much confidence then!!!
  • JGUK
    JGUK Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have a friend who banked with Coutts, he said they were just as crap as RBS (he was invited to change to Coutts).

He gave them the boot and is now apparently quite happy with Handelsbanken which is a lot less exclusive !
    Thanks
    JG
  • SLZ
    SLZ Posts: 233 Forumite
    Has anyone tried opening an account with Child & Co or Drummonds as it appears that you can select the private banking sort codes of C&C's 16-00-80 and Drummonds' 16-00-50 without issue but will they open the account, I ask as I still haven't opened a new account with them but after discovering you can select the private banking ones after previously not being able to, I'm intrigued as to whether it's worth it for the novelty again.
  • Try and open the account, they can only say no.

I am somewhat confused over the sort code business, I chose the other (apparently non private) sort code when I opened the account, yet I got letters from RBS private and the C&C card.

I closed the account, the card was no good with its £250 limit for withdrawing cash and no contactless, too much hassle. There must be someone at the bank looking at accounts being opened, some customers are contacted by the private team or so other users have said, but other customers are not. I take it they look at how much money you have and decide if its worth contacting you. They did not contact me.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure