Back in debt but not out

Comments

• Forgot to mention that today is World Vitiligo Day, and as much as I hate my spots and think my face makes me look like the Joker out of batman, I'm glad I'm not the only one with it.
  • A little break sounds lovely, especially if you can do that and make a bit of a debt overpayment too. Four bottles of wine also sounds good!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yay to the 4 bottles of wine PMO2 :beer: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Afternoon,

DH did the ironing, which is good as I try and avoid doing it.

Took DD to Tescos and got bits we needed but forgot carrots.

Wrapped DS's presents, so that's a job done. I just need to write his card out.

Cottage pie nearly done, DH & kids getting carrots for me, this is for Thursday. Bolognese nearly done, need a carrot to grate in to the sauce then I can assemble for dinner tonight.

Washing up done, dishwasher refilled.

Listening to Planet Rock and trying to figure out meals for next week and the week after.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Sounding very organised, I haven't even put today's dinner on :o :rotfl:
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon,

DH did the ironing, which is good as I try and avoid doing it.

Took DD to Tescos and got bits we needed but forgot carrots.

Wrapped DS's presents, so that's a job done. I just need to write his card out.

Cottage pie nearly done, DH & kids getting carrots for me, this is for Thursday. Bolognese nearly done, need a carrot to grate in to the sauce then I can assemble for dinner tonight.

Washing up done, dishwasher refilled.

Listening to Planet Rock and trying to figure out meals for next week and the week after.

Sounds very organised indeed :D

Planet Rock is ok ;)

I used to LOVE Team Rock Radio but when the suits ruined it that was the end of that... :mad:
    I hear that Rock Radio will be starting again soon in Scotland though, being run by a bunch of legendary mad mental rock/metal maniacs who totally understand their audience
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • How strange is this? My late Dad's cousin has been in touch, she said she thought we were related and after much chatting to her, yes we are. She tracked me down through one of the FB sites that I am on and recognised my grandparents (her aunt & uncle).

Any way moving on. Nothing much happening on the bank account, transferred the remainder of the money over, so the online saver looks rather bare now. I think we'll be limping to Pay day.

Didn't take my lunch today, I have chastised myself and will need to make more of a concious effort next month.

July is only a 4 week month :j

Now my MSE head is back, I need to get back in to the swing of things again properly.

Will be back later with my usual monthly list of goals.
  • July is just around the corner and I need to make proper headway this month in particular due to various things that I mentioned in an earlier post but will put down again here so I know where they are:

* DD's Prom - 7th July
    * Nephew & family over - 1st July
    * Need to order DD's uniform for secondary school
    * Buy DD's birthday presents for her birthday in August
    * Gas and electric bills are due
    * My car is booked in at the garage to have an error message looked at - 8th July

DD's presents I can buy with July's pay, so I'm not overly bothered too much about that one. The main ones are the uniform and the gas and electric bills.

So moving on to July.

Things have gone well for the past few months financially since we moved, neither of us knows why or how, so I'm trying not to dwell too much on it. Something is working :)

Things I need to do to keep us going:

* Meal plan - this is going good so far
    * Keep an eye on the bank account daily - this is working
    * Update spreadsheet regularly - not doing this much
    * Limit to £10 pw allowance again - failed on this one this month
    * Reduce alcohol during the week - not doing to bad but could be improved
    * Lunches to work - need to improve on this one
    * Reduce grocery spends - we spent far too much on this
    * Avoid the pub - this is going well, just need to tweak it some more.

Personal things I want to achieve in July:
    * Get decent sleep - work in progress
    * Limit online time - this is creeping up and I need to back off a bit
    * Read more - been neglecting this one
    * Dye my hair - I look like a witch, especially with my Vitiligo!
    * Spend more time with the kids - when they allow me :rotfl:
    * Have some quality 'me' time
    * Find a job closer to home - work in progress this one

Some fairly decent goals there I think and ones that I may hopefully be able to achieve. My thinking is that if I can get myself organised and happy, then everything else will fall in to place, at the moment I'm happy but not happier. A kind of personal LBM.
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    HI, Glad everything is working out for you and those plans sound fantastic, any idea where you want to go on your little holiday?

Your time with kids and time for yourself are my main goals at the minute, life takes up far too much of other things and these get neglected first in my my home.

Hope you're all well, H x
  • HI, Glad everything is working out for you and those plans sound fantastic, any idea where you want to go on your little holiday?

Your time with kids and time for yourself are my main goals at the minute, life takes up far too much of other things and these get neglected first in my my home.

Hope you're all well, H x

Hi Huggle,

Not too sure, DH has big plans but we'll see :rotfl:

We're good thanks, how's you? Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business