Link Financial

Hi there,

Have an outstanding debt of £4k with Link Financials.

I requested a copy of my credit agreement on the 24th April and they responded on the 27th April to state that they didn't hold the information but would request from Barclaycard. They stated that this could take up to 30 days to provide.

Obviously that date has passed and I have not heard anything.

Advice on next steps?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Twins
    Twins Posts: 346
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi there,

Have an outstanding debt of £4k with Link Financials.

I requested a copy of my credit agreement on the 24th April and they responded on the 27th April to state that they didn't hold the information but would request from Barclaycard. They stated that this could take up to 30 days to provide.

Obviously that date has passed and I have not heard anything.

Advice on next steps?

Many thanks.

I also requested CCA from Link and they took quite a while to come back to me. They did eventually respond and they sent the agreement. Send them a follow up chaser letter and let them know you're still waiting. Hopefully they haven't got anything which is why it's taking so long!
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I guess they might be handling a few of these sorts of requests, but worth chasing if only to get their attention :)
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    30 days was a conservative estimate, when a debt purchaser has to go back to an original creditor for paperwork relating to a sec 78/79 request, it can take up to 3 months.

Give it another month then send a reminder if you've heard nothing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • shaun196809
    shaun196809 Posts: 25 Forumite
    So just had a response from Link Financials stating that "the original creditor has confirmed that they are unable to fulfil the section 77/78 request".

They go on to say that "although the account is currently unenforceable the outstanding balance remains collectable and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue the reporting of a default".

Link also sent me a copy of a letter that barclaycard (original creditor) have sent to my old address when I took the card out.

Any thoughts on next steps?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport