IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• debsydoodah
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    And how is your question here in any way a successful complaint?
    Sorry guys - misread the thread name:(
  • wyttiwedidod2014
    Options
    Wonder whether any others have had similar issues.
    Returned to the car today at a car park operated by APNR. I had bought a ticket and stuck it to the inside of the windscreen. Returned to find a PCN on the windscreen. The ticket had fallen of onto the seat but was clearly visible. ( I know they will not accept that as an appeal so not going to go near) Coincidentally another car parked near me had experienced the same problem. The glue on the strip to attach the payment ticket did not appear very sticky - a post it that had post is effect. Wondered whether this was a new tactic from the parking companies to increase their revenue i.e. poor quality payment proof that will fall off the windscreen. Next step is start the countdown and then the soft appeal if and when notice to keeper is received.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor quality tickets have been an issue for years. Some council tickets are dreadful too.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    Have been helping a friend of a friend off forum with a PCN from CEL.

Complaints to senior management at Curzon Cinemas have resulted in cancellations for at least 3 people that I am aware of.

Contact details will be found in my thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5261264
  • Chrisken16
    Options
    Another success story. Yesterday I received a 'parking charge notice' from ParkingEye for non payment of parking charges at Morrison's in Stratford. After spending most of the evening and this morning reading the excellent advice on this forum I visited the store today armed with the notice and a bank statement showing proof of my custom. Spoke to a manager who reassured me that this sort of thing happens all the time and agreed to cancel the charge with no quibble.
  • misbehavingexpert
    Options
    Hi all,

Hopefully not a stupid questions, but: why does complaining to a shop/retail park manager, with or without proof of custom, not expose the fact that you were the driver?

Surely if you're asking them to get Parking Eye to cancel a ticket, and using your patronage as leverage, that implies you're the driver.. no?

Cheers
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisken16 wrote: »
    Another success story. Yesterday I received a 'parking charge notice' from ParkingEye for non payment of parking charges at Morrison's in Stratford. After spending most of the evening and this morning reading the excellent advice on this forum I visited the store today armed with the notice and a bank statement showing proof of my custom. Spoke to a manager who reassured me that this sort of thing happens all the time and agreed to cancel the charge with no quibble.

Make sure that Parking Eye do cancel this charge. They have a nasty habit sometimes of ignoring these sort of request from stores.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

Hopefully not a stupid questions, but: why does complaining to a shop/retail park manager, with or without proof of custom, not expose the fact that you were the driver?

Surely if you're asking them to get Parking Eye to cancel a ticket, and using your patronage as leverage, that implies you're the driver.. no?

Cheers

The store won't be on that wavelength, they've just got a customer with a problem and they're trying to sort that for them.

But I'm the registered keeper of my car, but my wife often drives it, especially to the supermarket. If she overstays, I get the NtK. I go in to get it sorted - but I'm definitely not the driver.

In any case, once the principal to the contract tells PE to cancel, it matters not whether I'm the driver, the registered keeper, or the man in the moon, it has to be cancelled!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

Cheers

NO !

I am the RK of my car, but its my wife that does the shopping, usually with grand kids in tow

if she got a pcn , I would be the one it was addressed to, so would be dealing with it as RK

so if I go into asda or morrissons and complain as RK, that doesnt make ME the driver, does it ?

NO , I thought not
  • dr_jones
    dr_jones Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills