• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    if they don't have to do anything much.

or anything at all?:(
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    has anyone else noticed that iii seem to have lost track of which year's ISA allowance has been made? according to them i didn't contribute in the previous tax year:think:.

also, US shares were shown in my ISA with sterling values previously, but now are shown in dollars. is there a way of changing this?
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know what the procedure is for the quarterly fee? - I've been with them for some time and now moved over to their new tariff (£22.50 fee per quarter). I have a cash balance in my ISA and SIPP, but they have deducted it from my Trading account (Which I don't use), showing a negative balance of £22.50 ??
  • planteria wrote: »
    has anyone else noticed that iii seem to have lost track of which year's ISA allowance has been made? according to them i didn't contribute in the previous tax year:think:.

also, US shares were shown in my ISA with sterling values previously, but now are shown in dollars. is there a way of changing this?
    It does show, go to portfolio > overview and you get a panel on the RHS showing your Current ISA allowance and it tells you Current Tax Year Limit is £20,000.00

And you can't make any contributions for the previous tax year so why bother showing it?;)
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    darren72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the procedure is for the quarterly fee? - I've been with them for some time and now moved over to their new tariff (£22.50 fee per quarter). I have a cash balance in my ISA and SIPP, but they have deducted it from my Trading account (Which I don't use), showing a negative balance of £22.50 ??
    They have appeared to have deducted both mine (SIPP only) and my OH's (SIPP + ISA) from our current account. That's the same for me, but for my OH they used to deduct them from his ISA balance. They used to try to deduct from the trading accounts first, which were always empty, and generated a couple of secure messages about it every quarter before trying elsewhere.
  • planteria
    darren72 wrote: »

i set mine up to be taken from my current account by DD. just been taken this week.. i'd rather not pay it, of course, but it's still good value overall, with both SIPP and ISA with them.

sorry capitalOne, what i was saying is that 'it does show' but it shows wrong.

and you don't want it coming from your ISA if you are looking to maximise your use of the tax free allowance LHW99.
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    and you don't want it coming from your ISA if you are looking to maximise your use of the tax free allowance LHW99.
    Yes, not quite sure how it got set up that way - I think it was just relief that they'd managed to transfer it in weeks rather than months, as happened with the SIPPs.
  • planteria wrote: »
    sorry capitalOne, what i was saying is that 'it does show' but it shows wrong.

Mine is correct but I did use the full £20k
    Good point on where it gets paid out of - I must look into that, but I'm considering a move to iWeb now
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    capital0ne wrote: »
    And you can't make any contributions for the previous tax year so why bother showing it?;)

Perhaps because if you don't make any contributions in the previous tax year it loses its active status and you need to make a new ISA declaration to reactivate it before you can make any further contributions. ;)
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • planteria
    capital0ne wrote: »
    Mine is correct but I did use the full £20k

so did i, and it appears as though i didn't:think:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure