IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC second letter please help

imfromyorks
imfromyorks Posts: 27 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 11 July 2017 at 7:14PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I've received a letter from UKPC for parking over 90 minutes at McDonald's. I wrote to McDonald's and they refused to cancel.
I haven't followed the appeal procedure at UKPC so now received the second and the third letter ordering to pay £100 fine (for 24 minutes over the parking allowance) or they are sending a debt collection agency.
Please let me know what I do at this stage.
Thanks

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Start by reading the newbies thread at the top of this forum, and you will also find out this is not a fine.
  • imfromyorks
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Start by reading the newbies thread at the top of this forum, and you will also find out this is not a fine.

Thanks, I've read the newbies but couldn't find the answer for my case. I followed the 'complain to the retailer' but they refused to cancel.
    I tried to appeal at UKPC appeal site (appealpcn) but they asked to answer if I am the driver (advised in the threads not to declare the driver.)
    so I don't know what to do. :(
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 July 2017 at 7:23PM
    I've received a letter from UKPC for parking over 90 minutes at McDonald's. I wrote to McDonald's and they refused to cancel.
    I haven't followed the appeal procedure at UKPC so now received the second letter ordering to pay £100 fine (for 24 minutes over the parking allowance)
    Please let me know what I do at this stage.
    Thanks

UKPC really are a serious joke ... the infamous fakers of pictures ?

So Mcd's no longer want your business, that's good as junk food
    really damages your health .... AND NOW YOUR wealth

STAY AWAY FROM MCD'S IN FUTURE BECAUSE OF UKPC.

No harm in telling the CEO of McD's that because of their parking cowboys UKPC, that Burger King is where you will spend your
    money and you will pass this onto to your friends

McD's need you more than you need them and if they must employ parking cowboys, your money is best spent elsewhere

Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited

Mr Paul Pomroy Chief Executive

Email paul.pomroy@uk.mcd.com

How many more times must these companies be told that
    the parking cowboys lose them business ??

For you, UKPC will probably instruct timewasting debt collectors, may be DRP/ZZPS
    They will send you the most stupid letters which you will ignore
    as they are 100% powerless

If UKPC want to take it further it will come from UKPC and NOT some tin pot debt collector

If that happens, come back here

PS: If UKPC asks who the driver is, ignore them, if they don't know, not your
    problem and it's none of their business
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2017 at 7:25PM
    I tried to appeal at UKPC appeal site (appealpcn) but they asked to answer if I am the driver

No it doesn't, you just choose registered keeper. You don't just give up and not appeal.

Also, writing to McDonalds Head Office NEVER works. Any McD's successes have always just been the local Manager cancelling, not Head office, ever. All people usually do is trot in with the offending PCN and ask the manager to cancel.
    or they are sending a debt collection agency.

You know that's just letters, yes? They can't come knocking.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No it doesn't, you just choose registered keeper. You don't just give up and not appeal.

Also, writing to McDonalds Head Office NEVER works. Any McD's successes have always just been the local Manager cancelling, not Head office, ever. All people usually do is trot in with the offending PCN and ask the manager to cancel.

C-m, I have two pals who got them cancelled by their HO where the manager was just a burger bun stuffer.

Depends how hard you push it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh, glad to hear it. I have never seen a reported case on here where McD's HO cancelled one.

Loads cancelled by 'Managers'. And yep, I know what some of them are like, my niece married (and divorced) one!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • imfromyorks
    edited 11 July 2017 at 8:20PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

They asked to choose between I was the driver or I was not the driver
    I tried to upload the picture of the website page but the forum doesn't allow as I am a new member

So I copied the whole web content as below

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tick the second and take out all the information in the above post, the scammers trawl this forum, you are not getting this at all!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information

Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

I have highlighted the part that applies in red
  • imfromyorks
    Redx wrote: »
    I have highlighted the part that applies in red

I'm not lying if I tick the below option?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure