Real-life MMD: Ex-partner using Nectar card

Options
Around 18 months ago I split up with my ex-partner, not wanting to go into too much detail we were in the process of buying a house and it emerged that they were having an affair. I was left homeless and financially stuffed. I cut all contact and left the country for a year.

I have today logged into my Nectar account and found that my ex has been swiping their card over the last year, accruing about £20 in points on top of what I already earned.

I have no desire to contact them regarding this so was mulling my options-

1) Cancel their card and spend the balance.
2) Cancel the card and send them the balance via a friend.
3) Cancel their card & donate the accrued value to charity.
4) Other?!

Advice please!?

Comments

• burnoutbabe
    burnoutbabe Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it YOUR card and his is an additional one?

in which case I'd do

4) Keep going as you are and spend the points. He knows he isn't getting the points yet is actively still swiping, so is giving them to you.
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ultimately you don't want any sort of contact with him, so I'd choose the cleanest option - 2.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • Funky_Bold_Ribena
    Options
    Him or her...it's deliberately not clear which gender is swiping and which isn't.

My opinion; get a new card and get a life.
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.
  • gloriouslyhappy
    Options
    Unless you're saving your points for something special, I'd suggest spending them all minus £20, then go online, take your name off the card account, hand on the physical card to the mutual friend for passing on to the ex, and start again with a brand new card in your own name.

Hang about, re-reading what I've just typed, it looks ridiculous! So try this instead - go online, remove the ex's card from your account, and if you feel like it, donate their £20 to charity. If you don't feel like it, on the news today, the Red Cross say they're going to start food parcels for this country and will be asking supermarket shoppers for tinned food items, so wait til you see the collection points and bung in a couple of tins.

The important thing is to remove the ex's card from your account - they will be prompted to open their own account next time they swipe, and it seems they're not much bothered if they've only put £20 on in a year+, so leave them to sort it out.
  • Delphina
    Options
    If my hubby cheated on me, I would be very happy to spend every point on his Nectar card! Do it and forget about the j*rk! A small revenge will make you feel great! It is only £20!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure