Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 April 2015 at 5:10PM
    poppystar wrote: »
    N the Flexible Tracker is not mentioned under Savings or under accounts no longer available.

"Rates correct at 1 March 2015.
    The following accounts track the Bank of England Base Rate: Easy Access Tracker, Easy Access Tracker Monthly, Easy Access Tracker ISA, Easy Access Tracker ISA Monthly, Flexible Tracker Account, Maturity Tracker Account Annual (Issue 6, 7 & 8), Maturity Tracker Account Monthly (Issue 6, 7 and 8), Maturity Tracker ISA (Issue 7, 8 and 9), Online Access Tracker. The Bank of England Base Rate is currently 0.50%."

http://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/_resources/pdfs/savings-pdfs/closed-account-pdfs/closed-rates.pdf

"Leeds Building Society apologises for account change communications"
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/business-news/leeds-building-society-apologises-for-account-change-communications-1-7176060
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,274
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "Rates correct at 1 March 2015.
    The following accounts track the Bank of England Base Rate: Easy Access Tracker, Easy Access Tracker Monthly, Easy Access Tracker ISA, Easy Access Tracker ISA Monthly, Flexible Tracker Account, Maturity Tracker Account Annual (Issue 6, 7 & 8), Maturity Tracker Account Monthly (Issue 6, 7 and 8), Maturity Tracker ISA (Issue 7, 8 and 9), Online Access Tracker. The Bank of England Base Rate is currently 0.50%."

Ah...in the very small print.Thanks. Afraid my eyes were not up to seeing that. I fear I had my Regular Saver account so long I've grown old :rotfl:

But it still doesn't seem to be the whole story as it doesn't give the +0.3% that the account is paying and it shouldn't be so hard to find
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,404
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Folks,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • norm_
    norm_ Posts: 182
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just applied for the Lloyds 4% RS and it wouldn't let me fund it straight away?

So effectively you lose a days interest as tomorrow is the soonest a standing order can be paid. Is this right?

Although ...
    The interest is calculated on the balance of the account each month, so using the example above, the first month's balance would be £200, the second month £400 etc. and therefore the amount of interest paid will increase over the year in line with the balance of the account.

So interest is not calculated daily? Nevermind.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,970
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    norm_ wrote: »
    I just applied for the Lloyds 4% RS and it wouldn't let me fund it straight away?

So effectively you lose a days interest as tomorrow is the soonest a standing order can be paid. Is this right?

Although ...

So interest is not calculated daily? Nevermind.
    Why don't you simply transfer £400 to it today? Then you can start the Standing Order next month.
  • numbers123
    numbers123 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Why don't you simply transfer £400 to it today? Then you can start the Standing Order next month.

norm_, I don't know this for certain but I think faster payments aren't eligible for the interest. If you are attempting to do this, check the T&Cs first (as you always should).

Re losing a day of interest: in my experience my account was open for slightly longer than a month, 1 year and 4 days to be exact so the interest I received was actually slightly higher than I had expected from a 1 year account.
  • Steve_xx
    Forumite
    numbers123 wrote: »
    I think faster payments aren't eligible for the interest. .

Where did you glean that from?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Where did you glean that from?

The terms and conditions.

Also the resident Lloyds Rep has said in one of the threads some time ago it must be SO.

But why would anyone be concerned about 1 day's interest @ 4% on £400? You'd probably make more if you went down the High Street tonight looking for money people dropped
  • Steve_xx
    Forumite
    colsten wrote: »
    The terms and conditions.

Also the resident Lloyds Rep has said in one of the threads some time ago it must be SO.

But why would anyone be concerned about 1 day's interest @ 4% on £400? You'd probably make more if you went down the High Street tonight looking for money people dropped

The rep is wrong.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The rep is wrong.
    and the T&Cs are wrong , too? Is that what you are saying?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure