Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Still no parcel :mad: :mad: Luckily ds was fine about it today but I'm not sure that will last if it doesn't turn up tomorrow :(:(

We've been and played golf again today with my nephews, it was good fun and a bit of fresh air too :) (£3 for ds and we walked rather than paying for the car park ;) )

I've booked ds haircut for tomorrow and he also has his first appointment with the counsellor tomorrow too.
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That is really not good enough.
    Hope it turns up tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, I emailed the seller yesterday and was quite stroppy. I explained ds has asd and for him he struggles with *why* it hasn't arrived as he has paid for it and therefore it should have come by now (he knows i always post ebay stuff as soon as it's paid for). Rules are rules and he can't deal with it when they aren't followed ... anyway, he has replied this morning saying he is so sorry blah blah blah, the easter holidays have messed up his usual quick dispatch (???) and he is sending it via myhermes and it's being collected from him today. He has provided a tracking number. (The tracking number he was going to send me on saturday). As an apology he would like to send ds a game code that he gets given for reviewing games ... this would be no use to ds as he literally only plays 3 games ever - a bus simulator, a train simulator and a plane simulator. he isn't bothered about other games. I don't want free game codes, I want the item we paid for nearly 2 weeks ago!! :mad: :mad:

Ds isn't back from his paper-round yet, he will be gutted when I tell him it still isn't even on it's way, won't arrive today and won't arrive before he goes back to school. I reckon I'm in for the mother of all strops this morning :(

In other news, I have cleaned the bathroom this morning, I'm planning on doing housework this morning then ds has his first counsellor appointment this afternoon, followed by his haircut then I've got a guy coming round tonight to quote for cleaning the windows and conservatory and maybe cleaning the gutters out too, I've never had my own gutters before, is that a thing to get them cleaned?? :o
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Aaaaggghhh ..... so ds took the news really well, but pointed out that the ebay listing said it was being sent 2nd class royal mail, but as he's now sending it via myhermes it won't be picked up by the redirection service we've paid for (ebay and paypal still have our old address as I bought several bits and pieces since moving and didn't change them until they'd arrived). God damn it!!! I have emailed him back and asked him to update the address (MyHermes website says only the sender can change the address). We'll have to see now if he reads the message in time :(:(
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How annoying :mad:. Well done to DS for picking up on it :T. I know you've said he handled it well but maybe something to cover with his counsellor? I'm obviously a bit sad as I think the bus simulator sounds more fun than his other two ;)

Yes, cleaning gutters is a 'thing'. Good idea as a one-off as you've just moved in but shouldn't need done more than once every couple of years unless you've overhanging trees. Get the cleaner to leave the gloop for you - it's good for the soil, unless a lot of moss and weeds growing in it!
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Gallygirl, I think I will go for the gutters being cleaned, at least then I know it's been done. We don't have any overhanging trees but to be honest the previous owners cleaning wasn't exactly meticulous, so I think I'd be happier to know it's been done ;)

I have noticed this week ds anxiety seems to be going through the roof - we were out walking the dog the other day and we passed two separate groups of kids from school, both groups were his year group. Neither group batted an eyelid (normally if kids from school spot me they either make a thing of saying hi or they act all odd - guess it's weird seeing staff out of school), anyway, they either didn't see us or just ignored us, but ds got so stressed. Now I get it's embarrasing at 13 being seen out with your Mum, but he walked off ahead, told me not to talk to him, put his head down and was incredibly agitated for about 10 minutes afterwards both times. Yesterday at gold he was fine, we even had a chat before we went as my nephews have played a few times and he was worried they would be better than him. As it was they were all pretty similar levels, and he was fine, until some kids appeared at the start of one of the holes we were on, and he got really stressy because he felt rushed and that they might be judging how good he was :o I recognised this and had a word with him and he did manage to control it, but it was quite obvious that his anxiety levels just suddenly rose out of proportion to the situation.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thought I'd better update my to do list as I haven't looked at it for a few days :o
    [STRIKE]Prep and freeze parsnips[/STRIKE]DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean the car - inside and out[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Bring in suitcase & box of clothes from garage and unpack[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Another trip to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Mattress to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Single mattress to Mums garage[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make new filing system for new house stuff[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Empty any of our stuff from Mums garage[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Plan for a car boot sale[/STRIKE] DONE - STUFF BOXED IN GARAGE, WAITING FOR NICE WEATHER
    [STRIKE]Clean windows / Find window cleaner for conservatory[/STRIKE] DONE, COMING TONIGHT
    Buy a bin for the bathroom
    Buy double plug sockets for bedrooms
    [STRIKE]Join clicksnap[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Text ex-Mil[/STRIKE] DONE
    Call hospital and chase ds appointment
    Buy a home phone
    [STRIKE]Ironing[/STRIKE] DONE
    Laminate new mortgage chart
    [STRIKE]Pay in cheques[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Cash in scratchcard[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Post 2 x letters[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Pay ground rent portion from flat[/STRIKE] DONE
    Set up new dd (halifax account)
    Complete change of address stuff ONGOING BUT NEARLY THERE ;)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So, the window cleaner guy has been round and given me a quote - I've said to go ahead but it seems quite a lot to me, but maybe I'm just not used to this stuff ... to clean the gutters = £50, to clean the conservatory including roof £45, to clean the windows £20, total £115. There are only 5 windows, 3 of which are upstairs though (I don't have a ladder and hate heights so I will need to pay someone anyhow to do them. It just seems a bit pricey to me, what do you all think? Maybe it's not, maybe I just have never needed it done at the flat so never thought about the cost. He did say he'd start at 11 on tuesday and should be done about 4 :eek: (I thought it would only take an hour or so :o )
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Just found a fab website called quotation check and it seems that is pretty reasonable after all. Maybe it's just me :o:)

So, on tuesday I should have nice sparkly gutters and windows :D
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Standard price for front and back gutter clearing here (it's a standard semi) is £60. We normally have ours done every 2 years as we get a lot of moss on the roof and it always ends up blocking the pipes.

If the Hermes courier had already been booked then there'll be no changing address but you can raise a complaint with eBay against the seller for a full refund. I know that doesn't help DS now but it would at least mean he can start looking for what he needs elsewhere.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure