IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hellp with defence, I have been gladstoned

Options
Hi,

I have read the newbies posts. Thank you for all this helpful factual info. So I am now about to submit may acknowlegement for the claim received from Northampton County Court. I will follow advice a defend in full.

I would appreciate any help I can get at this stage.

the facts:

A member of my family, not me the registered keeper, parked into a private car park managed by Minster Baywatch.

This was not intentional as the car park in in front of shop we normally go to. However now there an APR. So we got the intial letter. We appeal directly to MBW. Of course to no avail. We felt the fine was actually too high in principle. At this stage we made an offer for about half the amount.
This as rejected. ( kept all correspondance)

We did not apply to POPLA ( maybe we should have..).

This moved on to Gladstone solicitors. Again responded to LBC. Also made a second offer to MBW.
Letter simply saying that I should now only deal with Gladstone.

No further letter from gladstone but we got the Claim from court in Nothampton.

I have again contacted Gladstone to see if we could make an out court settlement, ( recorded delivery), no reply by so far but it as been a few days.

As time is against me and I have to respond to court I will not wait further.

I went back to car park. Yes there signs, stating this is a private car park.

I want to build my defence on the fact that you cannot read them from a distance ( at least the bit about fine cost). Also when you enter the private car park the sign is on the left side not in front. The sign that is in front against a wall, because the wall is not higher than 6ft the sign is easily hidden by tall cars such as MPV.

Finally if you enter the car park and park on right hand side the there are not any signs directly above those bays. Those are the actual bays closer to the shop.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you should have used POPLA but spilt milk now!

Though if you are writing to Gladstone and the creditor offering to pay why are you posting here??
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 October 2017 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Quetzal88

Just to put you right, you have NOT been Gladstoned

"You have been Gladstoned" derives from Gladstones many
    failures in court and is directed at the PPC who instructed them

So, that's a good starter for you, Gladstones constantly
    prove themselves to be incompetent

Sounds like your case can be built on the woeful signs and
    you should take as many pics as possible

Have a read of this where Minster Baywatch have lost
    because of Gladstones

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=minster+baywatch
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What were the facts of the case. Was it Pay & Display and the driver didn't pay

..Or was it permit only and there was no permit

.. and how long was the driver there.

These are simple cases which turn on the facts of the event.
  • Davejack
    Options
    Hi,I have just received a court claim from Gladstone too.I actually purchased a parking ticket for £12 in Blackpool over a year ago.I put it on my dashboard but it must have slipped down to the bottom of the windscreen where the attendant couldn't read it properly.Anyway I received a parking charge notice,we appealed this by sending a photocopy of my ticket purchased.This was completely ignored and months went by then I received a demand for £100 now not £60 anymore,we ignored this and six months later received a letter before claim from Gladstone.We sent them a photocopy of the original valid ticket purchased and a letter saying what we had done appealing the first ticket which was ignored,anyway months later we now have the court claim and havn't a clue where we stand and what to do ,any advice anyone,Dave.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Davejack wrote: »
    Hi,I have just received a court claim from Gladstone too.I actually purchased a parking ticket for £12 in Blackpool over a year ago.I put it on my dashboard but it must have slipped down to the bottom of the windscreen where the attendant couldn't read it properly.Anyway I received a parking charge notice,we appealed this by sending a photocopy of my ticket purchased.This was completely ignored and months went by then I received a demand for £100 now not £60 anymore,we ignored this and six months later received a letter before claim from Gladstone.We sent them a photocopy of the original valid ticket purchased and a letter saying what we had done appealing the first ticket which was ignored,anyway months later we now have the court claim and havn't a clue where we stand and what to do ,any advice anyone,Dave.

This thread belongs to Quetzal88

PLEASE start your own thread for help, thanks

PS: Gladstones are incompetent so don't worry
  • Quetzal88
    Quetzal88 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I am posting here because I am past the negociating stage, which failed. Having read the newbies I am now going for a full defence.
  • Quetzal88
    edited 5 October 2017 at 12:06PM
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Quetzal88

Just to put you right, you have NOT been Gladstoned

"You have been Gladstoned" derives from Gladstones many
    failures in court and is directed at the PPC who instructed them

So, that's a good starter for you, Gladstones constantly
    prove themselves to be incompetent

Sounds like your case can be built on the woeful signs and
    you should take as many pics as possible

Have a read of this where Minster Baywatch have lost
    because of Gladstones

Ok, I stand corrected..

Thanks, I will go back and take even more pictures, I am hoping to take a picture when there is a slightly taller car to show sign can be hidden. Thank for the link, I will study it.
  • Quetzal88
    Options
    What were the facts of the case. Was it Pay & Display and the driver didn't pay

..Or was it permit only and there was no permit

.. and how long was the driver there.

These are simple cases which turn on the facts of the event.

Hi, it was a permit only and driver was there less than an hour. There was no barrier if it makes a difference.

Thought car park belong to the shop in front. Turns up shop does have a car park just further along..
  • Quetzal88
    Options
    I have read the following on the forum, should I do the same thing too ?
    Writing to Gladstones denying any debt and requesting proof
    means just that. It will delay matters and as it is only 21 days
    before new court rules comes into place, by the time
    they respond new rules will apply and they will have hoops
    to go through which are not applicable now
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Too late now you have received a Court Claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure