47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Comments

• Well, over here, Calor Gas charge an extortionate whopping £87.50 for a 47Kg bottle. We do have some competition though, yep, FloGas is £1,80 dearer at £89.30!!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Had two 47kgs delivered propane, JGAS ( johnston oils)? £110. FIFE Scotland
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • frugalstephen
    frugalstephen Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Had two 47kgs delivered propane, JGAS ( johnston oils)? £110

Now, by my calculations - that's £55.00 each, that's pretty darn good! :rotfl:
  • solar_power
    solar_power Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just had 2 x 47kgs propane delivered from Countrywide LPG

£107.90
  • I've just paid Flogas £147 (£73.50 each) for two refills (delivered). I live in East Sussex.
  • ronnie68_2
    ronnie68_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 June 2011 at 10:22PM
    £90 on the Isle of Tiree for one 47k collected not delivered.Blackbeard still lives
  • Hi I am paying 51pounds per 47kg and seems to be rising quite often
    I agree we should try and get together to lobby the minister and to try
    and free it from vat
  • vicbee_2
    vicbee_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    I paid £55 yesterday for one in Lancashire. As much as the price sounds outrageous when you are forking it out I think what people fail to remember is that you probably use a lot less in summer than you do in winter and when you work this out over a year, its not quite as bad as it sounds. I bought one bottle yesterday for my home which is the first since march 2011. I normally buy 2 a month in winter. i keep reminding myself to put money away for the winter months but never get round to it and them panic when winter arrives and feel really peaved at the prices but forget that i generally only pay for one for the whole summer.
  • Orkatec
    Orkatec Posts: 53 Forumite
    Any one know of a cheep supplier in the Falkirk area I am paying £70 Delivered

Thanks James
  • EllisPeter
    EllisPeter Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 June 2011 at 10:06PM
    Two years ago I was paying approx £46 for a 47Kg cylinder (heating Vat rate), my boiler (over 20 years old) was getting to the end of it's life. I had to think seriously about the cost of replacement (80 year old pensioner at that time). After careful research I decided to go all electric. Oil filled radiators, convector heaters, fan heaters, instant water heater, electric cooker and electric shower. Cost to convert, just under £1,000. My fuel bills for the subsequent two years were cut by 1/3 from almost £1,500 to £1,000 per annum. With the price increases shown on here I must be saving even more than that. The scrap value of the central heating was £72.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure