vodafone over charging

just to warn you, i took out a contract last august with vodafone for a blackberry curve i have been with them for about 5years anyway i chaged my phone which was 15pound a month plus vat which eded up 18 pound a which was great but the last three months my bills started going up £28 ,£30,£45,so i went online to check my bills and to my amazement they have been charging me for using the internet the strange thing was all the internet chareges were registered at 12midnight sometimes three or four registered at the same time,so i contacted vodafone and they told me that most smart phones automaticly update by themselves charging you for the connection 83 pence a go so straight away i went off on one and asked why i wasnt told about this and he said when you get the phone they are supposed to tell you but dont and we are left to pick up the pieces so they have refunded me my money which was 26 pound and i have had them to put a bar on any internet usage so beware and check you bills carefully by the way i am not leaving it at that and i am writing a letter of complaint .so look out:)

Comments

• TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    If you're connected to the BlackBerry APN you shouldn't be charged for data usage anyway. I would check that in your settings.
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Exactly, I suspect the OP has used non-blackberry data and got charged for it. Its the old problem of not understanding how your handset works.
  • abertawe1
    abertawe1 Posts: 216 Forumite
    you suspect wrong i have never used the internet on my phone thats the point vodafone say they are doing updates in the middle of the night then charging me for them i have been advised to investigate this further ,surely any updates would be logged on the phone somewhere i cant find anything?:)
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi abertawe1,

I’m sorry to see what’s happened here and I can understand why you’re feeling so frustrated.

If you’d like to email us via Web Relations Team we’ll be happy to look into this for you.

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. In the main message body, please include a link to this thread and your user name. This will ensure that your message comes directly through to my team).

Kind regards,

Jenny
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure