Homebase toilet

Can anyone help.

I need to replace a toilet seat on my toilet that was purchased from Homebase approx 3 years ago.

I know the make of the toilet is navassa which they no longer do and the make of the toilet seat is cersanit.

I have tried searching for a cersanit toilet seat online but there is a few that look the same shape, but as I don't know the exact make of the seat I don't want to just order any in the hope it fits.
Anyone else faced this issue and know which one I need to buy??

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Unless your toilet is a very strange shape, most seats should fit it. Ask one of the staff in Homebase which are 'universal fit'.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Unless your toilet is a very strange shape, most seats should fit it. Ask one of the staff in Homebase which are 'universal fit'.

Youd be amazed at how much variance there is in toilet seat shape. A 'universal seat' will just be oversized and look ridiculous. Ive spent many hours with many different people discussing toilets and their seat shapes.

OP if you pop in to a homebase and ask them to look up the nevassa toilet seat they should be able to get a suppliers number. At the very least they will have a showroom department that works with buying and selling ask for their number and speak to them about it. They should be able to put you in touch with suppliers. Theres even the chance there will be some knocking around in the company, it normally takes some time for all the stock to filter through and sell.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Youd be amazed at how much variance there is in toilet seat shape. A 'universal seat' will just be oversized and look ridiculous. Ive spent many hours with many different people discussing toilets and their seat shapes.

Worked fine for me, but if you like nattering endlessly about such matters, each to their own!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just measure the distance between the mounting holes on the WC.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ? there are 2 types of toilet, dedicated or universal if you've got a dedicated (usually a D shape) then you will need to usually get one from the maker of the loo, although some makes may be interchangeable. Which is why I always get a "Universal" loo the seat of which is oval shape, then you can use a £10 Argos seat & it will fit, you will have a huge range of seats to choose from, much cheaper than the dedicated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure