Selling DVDs to Music magpie, Ziffit, best price?

I have a load of dvds I need to sell, I know there are several website but all offering different prices for them, Is there a site that compares the buying price of a dvd, so far I scan then using a app but it gives you a offer price and puts it in your basket, its so time consuming and if your not happy with a price you need to edit your basket, it just takes me ages, any advice please?

thanks

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just keep all the sites open in my browser and copy and paste the barcode number into each one. Yes, I then have to delete the item from the sites with the lowest price, but it doesn't really take that long. I actually find it quicker to do it like that than use the apps even with me having to type the number in rather than scanning the barcode.
  • khampson
    khampson Posts: 357 Forumite
    What are the best sites to use? I currently use music magpie and Ziffit, Ziffit will only let me sell 1 dvd (I have 2 copies of some dvds and will not accept 2 copies on 1 account)

I use my mobile as it was just a case of scanning the bar code, I may try to input the code on my laptop and see what sites offer the best price.

What sites can I se other than Music magpie and Ziffit,

Thanks
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    khampson wrote: »

https://www.zapper.co.uk/‎

Have no experience of them so don't know if they are any good.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite

Thanks

I use webuybooks as well (they don't just buy books!). You definitely need to try all three as they will sometimes offer different prices and seem to all like different genres etc.

Do make sure you sign up to the newsletters of webuybooks and ziffit as they frequently offer codes that give you 10 - 20% more for your items.

Also if you have any DVD box sets see if each DVD has its own case and barcode. If so it is worth checking both the price for the set as well as the prices for each DVD separately. You can get more selling them separately sometimes.

I have been using these sites for ages and have only had one problem with them. If you have anything obscure it is worth checking whether you can get more on ebay.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a load of dvds I need to sell, I know there are several website but all offering different prices for them, Is there a site that compares the buying price of a dvd, so far I scan then using a app but it gives you a offer price and puts it in your basket, its so time consuming and if your not happy with a price you need to edit your basket, it just takes me ages, any advice please?

thanks

pricepenguin is a smartphone app that compares over all 4 sites.

it's not perfect. sometimes tells you a site offers more than it does but gives you a good idea.

you can also go through topcashback for music magpie to get more for your items
  • ROBDOLPHIN66
    ROBDOLPHIN66 Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry to raise an old thread but Pricepenguin seems to have disappeared.
    Does anybody know of a similar site or app?
    Thank you
  • rtw6
    rtw6 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Hi, I've recently been using an app which works quite well, they don't have a website so you'll have to search in the app stores, its called Digitrade
  • Kinzey
    Kinzey Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    To be honest i'd put them on ebay or something as you are selling them and cutting out the middle guy, youd get more money. For example i wanted to sell my old phone last year and Game offered about £90 for it. i put it on ebay i got £120 for it, didnt have to pay much in fees as some listings fees are free if youre not a business account. you could put them up as one big lot?
  • To be honest all these sites that offer cash for DVD's, books etc are totally useless, I've sent so long scanning only to find they can't accept a title etc etc or get offered 1p
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    luckybert said:
    To be honest all these sites that offer cash for DVD's, books etc are totally useless, I've sent so long scanning only to find they can't accept a title etc etc or get offered 1p
    Obviously depends what you have got - I have no intention of selling but had a play with music magpie and averaged 50p per title for some CDs, over £1 each for some DVDs although not much for books with 2 not interested and only 5p, 1p 20p etc for some others
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback