Mooloo's "Making my future, one stitch at a time"?

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Morning, cup of tea in bed. Least the milk didn't go off this time. The itching is not improving. I didn't have any antihistamine left yesterday, so last night was uncomfortable. I'm applying cream, baby oil (doctors suggestion), etc even during the night.
    I'm really getting fed up of disturbed sleep due to itching now!
    My arms are clearing up but my torso is now a livid patch!
    Back to the doctors I suppose. Can't think how else to get rid of the remains of the cats, as I can't see anything anymore!

On Saturday we refused a job as a lady brought in a disgusting seat pad she wanted recovering. Her Dogs sleep on it! She even admitted they get a bit sweaty on it! It had started to disintegrate, and had dog hairs all over it.
    My lady said, oh no! moo can't work on that she's allergic too pet hairs!
    For once I was really relived someone else said no. I can be too polite, and accept jobs that are not savoury, or time consuming etc and not cost effective! ( but I am learning).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • keep_flyin
    keep_flyin Posts: 70 Forumite
    Mooloo have you tried flea treating the carpets, could be that that is causing the issue with your skin. You need something like indorex to treat with. I have contact dermatitis and the itching really does disrupt sleep.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mooloo rather than baby oil which robs the body of vitamin A and is usually perfumed too you could try something like E45 itch relief cream.
    There are others but they seem quite a big outlay even though they are in larger quantities.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I will go and get a flea treatment tomorrow.
    I did use E45 itch cream originally. It was the doctor who told be to use baby oil.
    Today was very busy so I didn't get a chance ( of make the chance) to ring the doctor.i will try again tomorrow.
    DGD had brownies today, a trip to Pets at home. So I did 1 1/2 hrs overtime. But also spent £16 on a ready meal, and wine, plus match attack card carrier for DGD
    I feel that I am nearly on track with the work now.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Where is the time going?
    I ran out of it today!

Tomorrow is supposed to he my day off, but I have to pop to the shop to get a sewing machine that needs servicing, and take it to Rushden.
    Then I need to get some trouser fabric to bake some trousers for a customer.
    I also have a DIY man coming to out a wider windowsill in the shop, and a curtain rail up, so I can do dress fittings etc on the ground floor if someone cannot manage the stairs.
    So I will need to make a curtain for it.
    I was given a whole load of buttons and buckles, zips etc, in exchange for overlocking some scarves to sell for a cat sanctuary.
    I have taken one step nearer to being a Habadashery shop, with an order for a Display Unit for Hemline. Selling pins, scissors, bobbins etc etc.
    The smallest stand they do. At £358, it's s giant step into my next phase of Mooloo's.
    My Mum came to visit me in the shop, with my brother and his partner, as they had been to the bank about the accounts , and then they had had a pub lunch, after mine they were going across to visit the Antique Cellar, that they had seen in Antique Road Trip.
    The last two nights I have spent time moving the lawn.
    With any luck I can strim the edges and the undergrowth at the top tomorrow.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I have been out and about today. I took my embroidery machine to my man in Rushden who fixed it in seconds. I also had a chat and net the faces behind the names I deal with on the phone.
    Had a cuppa, had my machine patt tested, and got some new hoops for the other machine.
    Then I stopped off at Northampton and went to see my friend from Thriftee. Had a chat with her and then a walk through town noting the changes.
    I am home now, but I am back out soon to take the car I have been using back and get my car back.
    DGD is going for tea with one of her little friends after school.
    It's strange not being at the shop.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Shattered!
    Busy day doing all I needed to do on my day off.
    Time to relax now.
    There is a lot to do when I go back to work tomorrow.
    Especially as we have lessons to fit in as well. 9.30 -11 is the school girl.
    Then it's my ladies in the evening.
    Saturday is a Wiggle skirt 10-3 and then children for the last hour.
    So I have to fit in the alterations as well.
  • Savvy_sewing
    So, I am awake. The bank balances checked.
    The shop rent paid for the month ahead. There is still some money in the bank to cover this weeks wages. There is about £250 worth of collections to be paid, and around the same, in work waiting to be done.
    The personal budget needs rethinking as my SGO and my tax credits have all gone down. So I need to spend some time this weekend on both mine and the shops accounts.
    I didn't wash up last night, so the kitchen needs a going over today. :(
    But I am pleased to say the bathroom is still all nice and tidy these days.
    There are a lot of things to keep me busy of course.
    I have the new Hemline stock to pay for today, and that will be delivered in the next few days at work.
    I see bank holiday Monday is upon us already. A day to do the money etc then.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well I rang twin 1 to confirm she still wants DGD for the weekend. She informs me she has handed in her notice to the housing, and is moving in with her BF's family. So she's moving to Kent for definite now.
    She will find it hard sharing a home after all these years in her own home.
    So that's both twins miles away now. ( or will be).
    Biggest of Mooloo's will also be on the move in July. Her current tenancy ends and she is moving her little family back to Towcester, and will not be too far away from my Mum.
    Mum seems to be doing fine, my brother is seeing to everything that he can to make her life simpler in the future.
    Currently showing her how to reheat ready meals etc, using her halogen oven etc.
    The bathroom is to be converted to a walk in shower.
    She's learnt how to do the whole in the wall, cash back at tills and draw up a cheque!
    DS seems to be plodding along, he has put up the shed, and moved the freezer in, but not sure about the dishwasher yet, as the housing erected scaffolding to re do the rendering out side, and blocked the path to the house both front and back!
    The Aviva have refunded my money finally, so all things bumping along quite well.
    Time I got up, and packed the case ready for DGD.
    This may be the last time she sees her Mummy for a little while. I'm still not sure about what to do next.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo - when is she moving - do you have the address? I wouldn't put it past her to just move with DGD!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure