Delta Capital Markets a con?

Hi
Has anyone heard or used Delta Capital Markets ?

Have just been looking through my late fathers details and find that he has subscribed and deposited monies into this. There doesn't seem to be that easy to withdraw his funds from it.

Regards
Graham

Comments

• Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    No more a con than any other type of gambling site. Have you tried calling them?
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    edited 25 July 2016 at 10:42AM
    Their website gives contact details for Accounts and Support. Have you tried them? With what result?

At first sight they dont look like a con, but rather a platform for high risk gambling on short term movements in foreign exchange, shares and commodity prices. On the other hand perhaps it is a little worrying to see their URL was registered in August 2015 especially as they claim that "DCM is a well-established online brokerage in the binary option market".

Also they have a Disclaimer which says.....

Delta Capital Markets is the trading name of Annax Global Ltd, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, Marshall Islands, MH96960.........

Which doesnt restore one's confidence.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Shall we play spot the shill?
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,809 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    margoadler wrote: »
    The withdrawals are easy to handle.

I haven't looked in any detail at Delta Capital Markets, but generally the model that a lot of these offshore companies use is to keep offering customers "bonuses". Their trading rules are such that all of your trades, and all of your losses, get made with your original stake (or any extra cash that you get persuaded to add), so that in the end all of the money in your account is "bonus" money.

They typically then have a rule that makes it very hard to actually withdraw any "bonus" money.

And if you look at the Terms and Conditions for Delta Capital Markets, you find, way down in Section 12:
    "In order to qualify for a withdrawal with an account at Delta Capital Markets that has been awarded a bonus, the total funds deposited and the total bonus must be turned over twenty times. By way of example, if client deposits £1000 and receives a £1000 bonus, client must achieve a turnover of £22000 or more in order to be eligible to withdraw any funds. Turnover is defined as the sum of the value of all trades made excluding the value of any trades that have been cancelled either by the client or by Delta Capital Markets.
    In the event of a withdrawal, either for full or partial amount of the total deposit be requested without meeting the redeemable terms, the following actions will take place:
    The bonus or any benefits will be subject to cancellation immediately."
  • doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Shill. Dead ahead Captain. Located at 10:43am.

Set phasers to Spam
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    doe808 wrote: »
    Shill. Dead ahead Captain. Located at 10:43am.

Set phasers to Spam
    Nah, the poor Engrish and obvious nature of this sill serves more purpose by remaining than removal
  • Any amount invested in this scam would have the same result as betting on number 40 at roulette.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • I made the mistake of opening a managed account with DCM and was duly "awarded"with a bonus. For the first few months, according to the online display of my account, all went well and the balance increased nicely with an apparent trading success rate of around 90%. However, in the last month the success rate has fallen to 50% and in recent days it has fallen to near zero. So I am locked in with their requirement for the initial deposit and bonus to be traded 20 times - I am a long way off achieving this for several years - and have to watch my investment being whittled away as the losses come from my deposit and is not shared with the bonus. I now doubt whether the trades shown are/were honest (i.e. my deposit losses are simply DCM siphoning off my deposit into their coffers) and I can't close the account to cut my losses.

Are any other investors experiencing the same thing?

Stay clear of this company.
  • Its ridiculous to lock people in for that long - thats the prob with taking their' bonus'. The other problem is not really knowing if it's actually a scam or not - there are so many warnings about this kind of investment. On the surface it seems all ok and profitable so far during my initial trial - but until I actually withdraw I will never know. On the plus side, I have already withdrawn a proportion of the initial investment out of profits without any problem - they actually encouraged it!! So maybe its ok - or maybe that's part of the plan. I just don't know.
  • Hi

This company is engaged in scamming money from decent people. I have lost a considerable sum with them . DCM is supposed to be a binary trading company and when you invest it all looks pukka . But when you try to get money back from your account you have no chance of getting it back. I have written to their compliance department ..what a laugh that is as they comply with none of the terms on the account. It is a complete scam ..buyers beware
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure