Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Did someone on here want Nestle Walnut Whips? Seem to remember something about that. Anyway, they are in Poundland, 3 in a pack, also there are different varieties available, original, mint and caramel.
    izzeyb wrote: »
    I think it was Arthien.

My mum announced yesterday she fancied a walnut whip so thanks from me, I will get some tomorrow.

Evening all!

Thanks, it was me. I was after the new style walnut-free ones and I managed to get a box of three from B&M bargains for one whole pound :T

Bit of a random question - has anyone had a refund from HMRC lately? I've had a letter which is asking me to sign in online within 45 days to claim the refund and then I'll get it within five days, otherwise if I don't claim online then I'll get a cheque within 60 days.

Obviously I can't find any of the log in details I need to claim the refund online but 60 days seems like a flipping long time for a cheque!

I'm hoping it's only 15 days after the 45 day limit, rather than another 60 days on top, but I can guess which it will be. It's only for £19.80 and I think I've spent more than that in time and effort trying to claim it back :o:(
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    You're on a celery and carrot facebook site, you all must be REALLY odd!!

I think you all know that I am REALLY odd already but:-

1. I met a nice lady who was an Elite but now is only on FB.
    2. I eat loads of carrots and celery at the moment as it is food on the go, as cucumbers can now only be consumed in price as I think caused a crash on the M1!!!

Any how, have you figured out how you are going to smuggle alcohol abroad.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!

She will be assessed before she is discharged and if necessary OT will provide equipment etc. If you are worrying ring the hospital social worker up and have a chat. x
    bubbs wrote: »
    Sorry HG i cant offer any advice:( but glad she seems to be recovering ok.
    The only thing i can think of as dont know why she ended up in hospital, but does she need grab rails or anything?
    CM66 wrote: »
    Make sure that she is assessed by occupational health before she is discharged (ideally be there if you can) they should asses her ability to look after herself (wash/dress/make food etc) we had to be quite firm as our hospital tried to send my grandad home recovering from a broken shoulder and no care (he was 88 and lived alone) but because my Mum said she could help they took that that she would be his carer. They should also do an assessment at home to see if she would benefit from any aids. I would recommend installing a lifeline is she doesn’t already have one.

It can all be a bit stressful but just be firm because if she is discharged without anything in place it’s difficult to get anything done retrospectively

Hope that helps!

Thank you. These are exactly the kind of things we need to know. DH will speak to the hospital social worker tomorrow. The surgery was for a twisted bowel. She’s recovering well so of course the hospital has its eye on her bed now. Things like grab rails and lifeline are a good idea as she will be in the house on her own during the day.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DM - was it you who was looking at Amazon prime films the other day? Did you find the free ones in the end? Some of the categories only show the ones that are free with Prime, avoid anything that just says 'new releases' and doesn't say 'with Prime'.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Arthien wrote: »
    Evening all!

Thanks, it was me. I was after the new style walnut-free ones and I managed to get a box of three from B&M bargains for one whole pound :T

Bit of a random question - has anyone had a refund from HMRC lately? I've had a letter which is asking me to sign in online within 45 days to claim the refund and then I'll get it within five days, otherwise if I don't claim online then I'll get a cheque within 60 days.

Obviously I can't find any of the log in details I need to claim the refund online but 60 days seems like a flipping long time for a cheque!

I'm hoping it's only 15 days after the 45 day limit, rather than another 60 days on top, but I can guess which it will be. It's only for £19.80 and I think I've spent more than that in time and effort trying to claim it back :o:(

My Oh had this a few months ago and as it was only £19.50, just waited for the cheque.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    I think you all know that I am REALLY odd already but:-

1. I met a nice lady who was an Elite but now is only on FB.
    2. I eat loads of carrots and celery at the moment as it is food on the go, as cucumbers can now only be consumed in price as I think caused a crash on the M1!!!

Any how, have you figured out how you are going to smuggle alcohol abroad.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Please explain the bold, as genuinely curious what you are on about.
    Drink! Apparently they turn a blind eye to it :beer:
    Arthien wrote: »
    DM - was it you who was looking at Amazon prime films the other day? Did you find the free ones in the end? Some of the categories only show the ones that are free with Prime, avoid anything that just says 'new releases' and doesn't say 'with Prime'.
    :j It was me, yes, found it. Disappointed with it though, I think the selection is worse that NowTV even.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am having a celery and carrot period!

I bumped into a lady from FB site today, she was rather lovely x

What facebook site?
    I am eating pickled onions:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    davemorton wrote: »
    You''re on a celery and carrot facebook site, you all must be REALLY odd!!

She is:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Will it work for an online shop?
    Bikertov wrote: »
    So what do you lot think about this one:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/electric-toothbrushes/oralb-pro-2000-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush/910001417217

Oral B Electric toothbrush - £70.00 in A and £30.00 in T

A genuine price, no glitch, leading to a potential £43.00 APG.

I am looking at buying 2 of them (a genuine purchase), so a possible £83.00 APG.

What do you think the trouts will say to that ?

Unless you are really after this model and don’t mind the very large APG, then it may be best for most people to steer clear. Electric toothbrush deals switch regularly between different supermarkets - the half price is pretty much the normal price (obviously plus 10% makes it better) so you would want it much lower than half price for it to be a deal.

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    getimage.imhx?img=01_15_70_25_1157025-165332.jpg&sw=450&sh=300&w=710&cust=2x1
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family